• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    came home with my new Ruger LCP today... took it down, cleaned out all of the factory oil n dirt.... put it back together, racked the slide, released it, and sent my slide flying into my computer monitor, and spilled a bottle of water. Good thing my roomate was there to see the whole thing.
    Turns out that take down pin needs to go BACK into the gun before its ready to rock! haha OOPS. +1 for my glock not having takedown pins.

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    I didn't do that one but did pinch my finger trying to get the slide to stay locked that little bugger is small if you have big hands

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    GunSlide.gif

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Very good video on Ruger LCP takedown, cleaning, and reassembly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1pcLtfAQA4"]YouTube - Cleaning the Ruger LCP[/ame]

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    ...put it back together, racked the slide, released it, and sent my slide flying into my computer monitor, and spilled a bottle of water. ...

that is the ultimate LCP back-up. if you run out of ammo just "springshot" the slide toward the perps eyes!:D

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Haha, I've done something similar. I was cleaning a jennings model 48 for the first time, and the button you press on the back of the slide shot me inbetween the eyes and after a few seconds of blinking in astonishment I was able to find the firing pin, spring and button so I could be more careful reassembling it.

Top Bottom