• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    To all the lc9 owners just curious as to if you like the gun for the price also if you hate the trigger pull and also how accurate it is? I've been thinking about buying one this week or just going back to my G26 to carry since its smaller than my xd.40

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I have been generally pleased with my LC9; I use it as my primary carry-around-the-house firearm. For the price (I paid $300 for mine), the LC9 packs a great punch! The trigger pull I find to be very light, and it's recoil very minimal. As far as accuracy goes, I have only taken mine to the range once. I put about 100 rounds of federal 115g ammo through it with no problems, and was able to consistently group rounds at 50 yards. All in all, it's not a bad firearm by any means - it's a great gun for beginning shooters, or if you want a smaller sized gun to have on you without dealing with the weight.

dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    Just got mine at the 1500 on Sunday. Haven't been to the range yet. I too currently have a G26. I got the LC9 for the thin profile. Noticed on the way home that the front sight is loose.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    That's awesome 300 isn't bad what do ever and yeah I read where most of them have had loose sights, not bad tho just take it out tighten them up and fire away. I like my G26 mainly because of the stacked mag and also more rounds but it's a lot fatter than the lc9 lol

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    LC9 Positive

I've had mine for about 2000 rounds or so. It is really a great little 9mm. Shoots straight, digests all kids of ammo and carries easy. Looks like the finish is gonna be pretty tough as well.

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I recommend it, I have a PF9 as well and I like the slightly fatter grip of the LC9. Accuracy is what you would expect from a 9mm of that size, it's up to the shooter to be as accurate as the LC9

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I've had my LC9 for about 8 months now. I got used to the trigger pretty quickly.

Mine came with an extractor problem but was fixed quickly through Ruger (great customer service). I've put over 500 rounds through it post fix with no problems what so ever.

They do not like Sellier and Bellot ammuntion.

I use a Comp-Tac IWB CTAC holster. It conceals very well and is comfortable to carry all day. I generally wear a tucked in button up dress shirt and unless you know what to look for you can't tell I'm carrying. No one has noticed in over 4 months with this holster. I also carry an extra mag in my weak side front pocket.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I've had mine since this past summer. The trigger pull definitely takes a little getting used to, but it's capable of the groupings if you do your part. I pocket carry it, and it's made me carry more than I used to. It's just too convenient to not grab on the way out the door. Practice with it and utilize dry firing and you'll be used to the trigger before long.

bloodman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    in your nightmares
    I have had mine for several months, and over all I like it. the biggest complaint is the trigger, heavy and long, but after you master it, it`s not so bad.
    I have a crimson trace laser on mine and it makes a ton of difference in accuracy, just point and pull the trigger. If you do not position your trigger finger on the trigger just right it will be a little painful. I shoot mine one handed and it does just fine.:twocents:

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just bought one yesterday. I haven't been to the range yet but the trigger doesn't feel nearly as bad as I thought. I was expecting the worst. The lc9 was the one gun I kept going back to look at over and over. My experience was hold a bunch of full sized pistols then hold an lc9, eww that feels too small. Then I went in and held some pocket .380's, now hold an lc9, it feels just right. I think it is a slick looking piece and the more I hold it the better it feels. I'm hoping ruger worked out some of the early bugs with the front sight and firing pin. I'll post after I shoot this weekend. For the price it's a winner!:yesway:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    A timely thread for me. I just looked at one today, considering getting one as a back-up/second gun. The trigger didn't feel bad, if you've shot revolvers, it should feel familiar. I sold all of my .380's a while back as I was tempted to carry them, and don't want to do that with anything less than a 9mm. Definitely interested. Not a huge Ruger fan (I blame it on those p85's), but we'll see.

Top Bottom