• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I have an LC9 and love the gun. Took it out the day after I bought it and put about 100 rounds through it. It was accurate. The trigger pull is long but light. Not too much recoil either. Bought mine for $319 at Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I picked up an LC9 the other day @ KS&E for a decent price. I don't find the trigger pull to be too heavy but how long it is is another story. I've done the clean so now I just need to get to the range and put some rounds through it. I also picked up a couple of extra mags off GB for a decent price so hopefully they'll get here before too long.

I'm still researching what IWB holder I'll get. I've got an MTAC for my M&P but they don't make a body for the LC9.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Galloway Precision started selling drop-in parts to improve the trigger not long ago. Look at the Ruger Forum for some feedback. It looks like Galloway is still perfecting the upgrade, and so I'm reluctant to sink in money. If anyone wants to give it a shot, please let me know how hard it is to put in the upgrade, and how you like the new trigger.

I'm a bit disappointed that the guiding rod is made of plastic. I can bend it with my fingers. (Galloway sells an upgrade for this, too. But why should I pay money for upgrades?)

The grip is not so good. It's concave, and likes to move in my hand. The grip improved after I put on the Hogue Handall Jr. grip, with a bit of electrical tape buildup beneath for the palmswell.

Ruger, the LC9 has many things I like, starting with its accuracy, the 1911-like safety, the "melted" edges, etc. But the three things I mention above can easily be improved to make a better gun.

dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    I purchased mine last Sunday at the 1500 and it is currently on it's way back to Ruger to have the front sight fixed. I have seen on here that Ruger has good customer service, what about turn around time. How long should I expect this to take? Ruger told me 3 weeks. I have not even fired this gun yet, but I really like the way it feels in my hand. Much better than the 738 that I was carrying.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    I got it for my wife but she doesn't like the long pull or double action so it will become a carry for me. I like that little extra magazine protrusion for the pinky. Feels more controllable and stable in my big hand.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I have been generally pleased with my LC9; I use it as my primary carry-around-the-house firearm. For the price (I paid $300 for mine), the LC9 packs a great punch! The trigger pull I find to be very light, and it's recoil very minimal. As far as accuracy goes, I have only taken mine to the range once. I put about 100 rounds of federal 115g ammo through it with no problems, and was able to consistently group rounds at 50 yards. All in all, it's not a bad firearm by any means - it's a great gun for beginning shooters, or if you want a smaller sized gun to have on you without dealing with the weight.

Just curious as to what kind of groups you are talking about at 50 yards, & was it off hand or bench rest ?

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I do like my Ruger LC9

RugerLC92.jpg

I carry it a lot.

:cool:

Top Bottom