• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    i had the same problem when my firearm was stolen.the bristol police department just as much pulled every reason out the book they could in not returning it after the case was closed.you just have to give them no leway and stand your ground,call everyday and tell them your getting your lawyer involved and the JUDGE who was in charge of case and see where it takes you.GOOD LUCK

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I would understand if he didnt bring it here in the first place.

The purpose of this thread was to inquire as to what would be a reasonable amount of time I should expect to get my handgun back from Lawrence PD. My case was dismissed because it was bullsh*t from the very beginning. Lawrence PD has a certified copy of the dismissal signed by the judge and prosecutor. The facts of the case are irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I agree it is not our business. Good luck on getting your gun back shortly. I hope I never have to go through that. Let us know what ends up getting it back so that we can get some pointers if it does happen to any of us.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    what would be a reasonable amount of time I should expect to get my handgun back
    You see, this is where you screw up and don't get your gun back. Perhaps to them "reasonable" is 7 years, perhaps it's never. To an ANTI, "reasonable" would mean never, to ME "reasonable" would be on your way out of the court room. So as you can see, just that one word opens the door wide.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I would understand if he didnt bring it here in the first place.

I don't see that.

Oops, pardon me. I thought I was in the presence of ladies and gentlemen. Didn't realized I'd stepped into a middle school girls' bathroom.... I am sooo embarrased... Carry on!!

:popcorn:

:stickpoke:

I'm out of rep. Very true! :rockwoot:

The purpose of this thread was to inquire as to what would be a reasonable amount of time I should expect to get my handgun back from Lawrence PD.

You won and somehow it is still your fault. :dunno: The lawyer seems to be the best option. No need to justify anything to an online community.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Yeah, I agree with pretty much everyone else here: retain an attorney and have them make some calls.

Also, it's none of my business what the details are...

Go get your piece back, sir.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    Update

I received a phone call from the Lawrence PD property clerk yesterday. She said that they still don't have the background check back. She says dispatch runs the check and she still has not heard anything yet. She also said I'm not the only one waiting.

I'm calling back Monday. If nothing is done, then I'm writing a certified letter to the chief.

den57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Franklin, In
    My guess, it isn't the background check they are waitting on, it is the comparison test on the bullet that they are waitting on. More than likely, they have fired a round out of your firearm and are checking that round against recovered rounds of the same caliber on open case's that they have with that same caliber round..... :twocents:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    wow, that took long enough. not very reasonable to me. sorry to hear they gave you such a hassle. glad to hear it is all over now and taken care of. hopefully that will never happen again.

Top Bottom