• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Russia seems to be the big one producing lead. It is where we get the lead for aviation gas.

This effects several industries. Batteries, wheel weights, fishing weights are examples.
    Damn... guess I'll have to start camping out at Walmart. Anyone know when they get their fishing weight shipments delivered?? ;) Is there an app for that yet?? :): I guess now we'll have threads popping up b!tching about the "sinker flippers"...

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I read that article, and all it gave me was the same question I get when I talk to most "conservatives" these days. Do you not realize that Obama is but the latest liberal puppet-head? Every time something happens, its Obama this, and Obama that, as if EVERYTHING thats in the works, to take away our rights, and fundamentally change this country, was single-handedly concocted by Obama. Cmon people. Dont you realize that if you place that much responsibility for the damage done by liberalism, in one man, you may very well forget, that when hes gone, there will be a new puppet head in place, pushing the same agenda.

OF COURSE the EPA has been fighting against this lead smelter since before Obama was in office. Because liberalism, has been crawling into this country, like an itchy red blanket, for decades.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I read that article, and all it gave me was the same question I get when I talk to most "conservatives" these days. Do you not realize that Obama is but the latest liberal puppet-head? Every time something happens, its Obama this, and Obama that, as if EVERYTHING thats in the works, to take away our rights, and fundamentally change this country, was single-handedly concocted by Obama. Cmon people. Dont you realize that if you place that much responsibility for the damage done by liberalism, in one man, you may very well forget, that when hes gone, there will be a new puppet head in place, pushing the same agenda.

OF COURSE the EPA has been fighting against this lead smelter since before Obama was in office. Because liberalism, has been crawling into this country, like an itchy red blanket, for decades.

Yep, if Romney had won the lead plant would still be closing down

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I thought somebody on another thread said they were going to open a cleaner plant in its place?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I thought somebody on another thread said they were going to open a cleaner plant in its place?

According to the article I posted above, (and I believe I've read elsewhere) they looked at building a new plant but because of the $100M price tag, they believed the business case couldn't be supported.

Top Bottom