• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    I think it should be illegal to sell ANYTHING on Sunday.

I think it should be ilegal to be OPEN on a holiday (mainly thanksgiving, christmas, and the like). If you can't plan ahead for these times, THAT is a time I feel families and friends should be together. New Years eve and other "drinking" holidays I understand why bars and such are open, but I just don't agree with having to work on days that should be spent with family.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There are places that actually do this. Not far away from where I grew up, there was a county where only specific businesses were allowed to be open, only grocery stores and restaurants. Everything else (car dealerships, entire malls, non essential businesses) had to be closed by law. It sounds dumb, it kind of is, but in the end it's nothing more than an inconvenience. I just planned ahead, so it was of no major concern to me.

Gun sales should only be allowed on the second Tuesday of each month.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think it should be ilegal to be OPEN on a holiday (mainly thanksgiving, christmas, and the like). If you can't plan ahead for these times, THAT is a time I feel families and friends should be together. New Years eve and other "drinking" holidays I understand why bars and such are open, but I just don't agree with having to work on days that should be spent with family.

You're free to make that choice for yourself. What gives you the right to make that choice for others?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Legislating morality ftw

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My family of 3 was part of a group of 7 at Golden Corral on thanksgiving. I bet the waitress hated the $25 tip I left for my family of 3.

My mother is home recovering from a severe illness and could not cook for the first time since I have been on this Earth. I picked up Thanksgiving dinner at Bob Evans at 7AM from a crew that had been up all night cooking.

I am very appreciative that Bob Evans had the freedom to stay open on a holiday and cook for my family.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

There should be a minimum tip law for holidays...

Considering the cost of the 3 meals for 2 adults and 1 child, it was around $30-35. That's well over a 50% tip. :D. Sadly, the rest in my group probably left nothing or next to it. That's part of the reason I left as much as I did. If we do the same next year, I may leave $50.

Top Bottom