• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have a couple of different ones. The red ones are fairly weak but will work inside the house. They are just sitting on the shelf. We use the green ones. I have one on my sig Mosquito. If we shoot suppressed the sights are useless so the laser is great for this and you can see it in the daylight. We have a fairly high powered low profile unit on one of the M-4's. It is zeroed at 40 ft for home defense. Wife and daughter like it so there you go.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I don't have a laser on my CCW. However, my wife has one on her's. she likes the fact that as she is raising the weapon to acquire the sights she already has "target acquisition" with the grip activated laser. Basically, she can see where the muzzle is generally aimed prior to lining up the sights if immediate firing was necessary, but the laser is secondary to the sights for general shooting.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I got a S&W Bodyguard .380 (with the built-in laser) for one of my carry guns. Very accurate with and without the laser.

Nice article OP! :thumbsup:

picture.php

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Lasers have good practical uses, Im just sick of seeing them. I have too many friend who think they have to play dress up with their guns and deck them out with every possible accessory, yet they don't even have basic knowledge on how to properly use their firearm.

The more I see them, the more I think lasers are gay.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can get good prices on Trijicon HD night sights, Ameriglo, Crimson Trace, etc... if you are interested PM me and I'll quote you your model.

Just bought some Trijicon HD night sights for my XD. Now if I can only find someone to install them...

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I bought a M&P .40c that came with a Crimson trace, I sold the laser 3 weeks later. When I train and practice my eyes are always looking for the front sight post, the red dot was not only a distraction but it was making me lazy, why use the sights when I can just use the dot. As I grow older and my vision starts to degrade I can see a use.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lasers have good practical uses, Im just sick of seeing them. I have too many friend who think they have to play dress up with their guns and deck them out with every possible accessory, yet they don't even have basic knowledge on how to properly use their firearm.

The more I see them, the more I think lasers are gay.

Opening up a large worm can...................................:popcorn:

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I am not gay, but I do like the functionality of the laser on my LC9. It really does not add that much to the size at all, and basically nothing to the wt.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    For those encounters in dim light or dark, the laser sight is a valuable tool for me. I go with Crimson Trace. They are utterly reliable. It took me a while to be convinced of their reliability and utility, but now I am a believer. They don't add either significant weight or bulk to my carry pieces. A side bonus is that they have that intimidation factor going for them.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For those encounters in dim light or dark, the laser sight is a valuable tool for me. I go with Crimson Trace. They are utterly reliable. It took me a while to be convinced of their reliability and utility, but now I am a believer. They don't add either significant weight or bulk to my carry pieces. A side bonus is that they have that intimidation factor going for them.

I was kind of hoping that the "intimidation factor" theory would not be brought up. I remember a thread sometime back where this was discussed. I know the Crimson Trace advertising/videos talk about criminals giving up after seeing the red dot. I believe they even cite evidence where this has happened and evidence that agencies who incorporated the product have had less shootings since the adoption. So I would agree that the laser is not a negative in this regard. I would caution people to not rely on the certainty of a little red dot scaring away the big ugly.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I was kind of hoping that the "intimidation factor" theory would not be brought up. I remember a thread sometime back where this was discussed. I know the Crimson Trace advertising/videos talk about criminals giving up after seeing the red dot. I believe they even cite evidence where this has happened and evidence that agencies who incorporated the product have had less shootings since the adoption. So I would agree that the laser is not a negative in this regard. I would caution people to not rely on the certainty of a little red dot scaring away the big ugly.

Oh come on, the only way it could be more intimidating would be if there was the sound of a shotgun racking at the same time.:D

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

But according to the moron sheriff in commifornia, this is all a gun is good for. So the laser is a big plus!!:D

gearheadwilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I put a stream light tlr 4 on my Xdm 40 4.5 mostly for the light. I was amazed at how much it tamed the gun down because the extra weight on the front(not that it's much) but even my wife prefers to shoot it like that. Just my results yours may vary. Lol

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I put a stream light tlr 4 on my Xdm 40 4.5 mostly for the light. I was amazed at how much it tamed the gun down because the extra weight on the front(not that it's much) but even my wife prefers to shoot it like that. Just my results yours may vary. Lol

Lights are a good thing. Now I don't have a light on my carry gun but I do on my house guns. Let's face it gun guys/gals like gear. So what types of accessories would I recommend investing in first:

1) Good belt and holster
    2) Quality handheld EDC flashlight
    3) Upgraded sights and/or trigger
    4) weapon mounted light for HD gun
    5) laser grips

Notice I mentioned I own laser grips earlier. Also notice where I put it in priority. The exception being a small revolver that does not require a heavy belt to carry, has no way to mount night sights and no way to mount a light. Hard to beat a J-frame with a good trigger job and crimson trace grips.

Top Bottom