• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've often wondered about the fascination with full auto fire. In the Army I was taught that it was only useful for ambushes - both on offense and defense - and sometimes for suppressing fire.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I've often wondered about the fascination with full auto fire. In the Army I was taught that it was only useful for ambushes - both on offense and defense - and sometimes for suppressing fire.

Unless it's from the 25mm cannon on the top of a bradley. Then it's good pretty much all the time.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Esrice, do you have a new man crush? James isn't going to like this.:laugh:

Was waiting to see who'd be the first. ;)

I've said it a dozen times, I bring what I feel is new and interesting gun-related content to INGOers as it's uploaded to YT-- regardless of who the spokesperson is. Yeager happens to get a lot of "air time" because he is putting up new content on a regular basis. Vickers just uploaded all of this stuff today so I've been sorting through it and posting what I can.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If he was using an AR-15 in full auto that 30 round mag would've emptied a lot quicker methinks.

Also, if he used an AR-15 on those double/triple taps, he probably would've scored higher due to the lower recoil, and also due to the faster cyclical rate I would assume.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Was waiting to see who'd be the first. ;)

I've said it a dozen times, I bring what I feel is new and interesting gun-related content to INGOers as it's uploaded to YT-- regardless of who the spokesperson is. Yeager happens to get a lot of "air time" because he is putting up new content on a regular basis. Vickers just uploaded all of this stuff today so I've been sorting through it and posting what I can.

Keep the videos coming. I'm just giving you a hard time.....but I'm still telling Yeager your wandering!:laugh:

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Nice, would have had different outcome with an m-16, burst or full auto. Why? Because the barrel and stock are in a direct line and there is very little muzzle climb as compared to an AK. Which means, even on 3 round bursts, as long as you aren't jerking the rifle around, the shots are going to be very close together as compared to a rifle that has a barrel out of line with it's stock.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Nice, would have had different outcome with an m-16, burst or full auto. Why? Because the barrel and stock are in a direct line and there is very little muzzle climb as compared to an AK. Which means, even on 3 round bursts, as long as you aren't jerking the rifle around, the shots are going to be very close together as compared to a rifle that has a barrel out of line with it's stock.

This.

ALSO, who goes for "head shots"? Everyone is always preaching CENTER MASS!!! If you know you are going to have rifle climb, then there is NO REASON to aim anywhere BUT center mass, and let the rifle climb to a "head shot". He could have been much more accurate, had time for more rounds on target, and been much faster if he would have chosen this method.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This.

ALSO, who goes for "head shots"? Everyone is always preaching CENTER MASS!!! If you know you are going to have rifle climb, then there is NO REASON to aim anywhere BUT center mass, and let the rifle climb to a "head shot". He could have been much more accurate, had time for more rounds on target, and been much faster if he would have chosen this method.

Sometimes your opponent is behind cover, or a hostage, or wearing body armor. You shoot what's available.

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    Unless it's from the 25mm cannon on the top of a bradley. Then it's good pretty much all the time.

And this would be the view from the commanders sight on said Bradley.....It's the M3A3 version to be exact. The FLIR sight may or may not be able to sense a 1* difference in ambient air temperature....

397970_2680211084677_798519407_n.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom