• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iceman33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No matter which side of the argument you are on, Piers Morgan needs to learn how to have an intelligent intellectural conversation. It's people like him that you would not want deciding anything. I am a fan of CNN and I am surprised they would allow him to insult a guest with name calling for just stating what they believed. If CNN has any integrity Piers Morgan will be on his way out the door.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Morgan is an insufferable *ss...always has been, always will be. And why CNN hired him, I have no clue, his show is at the bottom of the charts.

Send him back to England.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Sad thing is that I was watching the show where he had Jesse Ventura on and basically told Jesse that he didn't know how to have a debate and that he (Piers) was so good at debating. This was also the show where Jesse basically asked the audience if they thought he was making stupid arguments and then if he was making good, solid arguments. This was right after Piers told him he making stupid arguments. Well only one person agreed with Piers. Everyone else in the audience agreed with Jesse. It's bad when your own audience doesn't agree with you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Mr. Pratt did a VERY good job. He took the high road and conducted himself professionally. Bravo. Morgan is a twit and no need for Pratt to stoop to his level.

Yes he did. He almost slipped a time or two--I only hope I could have have been able to control myself as well.

Like Netsecurity said, you know you've won when they have nothing left to say but insults.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    No matter which side of the argument you are on, Piers Morgan needs to learn how to have an intelligent intellectural conversation. It's people like him that you would not want deciding anything. I am a fan of CNN and I am surprised they would allow him to insult a guest with name calling for just stating what they believed. If CNN has any integrity Piers Morgan will be on his way out the door.

If you haven't done so already I think it would be very helpful if you told CNN this directly.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I was watching this the other night and loved it. Even though most times piers starts to hear any facts of basically anything he doesn't agree with he resorts to interrupting or pointing out that there were 20, 6-7 year olds "blown to pieces" as he had said many times. He is trying to really play up the emotional side of this to draw people to the anti gun side.

After hearing so much from these anti gunners about how terrible "assault weapons" are and how we have so many in this country I did little quick math:

300 million guns in the US.
    348 murders by rifle in 2009.
    9,146 firearm murders in 2009.

.0001% of America's firearms were rifles used for murder
    3.8% of firearm murders were committed using rifles

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Morgan's response is typical of people like him. He expected to win the debate (it was his show after all) and when he was confronted by facts he couldn't dispute he resorted to insults. Intelligent adults should be able to watch this and decide for themselves who made more sense. Unfortunately gun control is an issue much like abortion, people have already made up their minds very strongly one way or another and debating the issue won't change anything. Especially after an event like Sandy Hook, a lot of folks have made an emotional, knee-jerk decision as to where they stand and differing points-of-view will be met with anger. A lot of folks I know have started in about "serious conversations about gun control." They aren't looking for a serious conversation though, they are looking for agreement and brow-beating of those who oppose them. I have not argued with any of them yet and I don't plan to do so, it's a waste of time.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's the "You don't know what's good for you" mentality. Morgan believes he is above all of us peons and he will protect us from ourselves by removing all scary black rifles and "clips" that hold more than 10 rounds. Cause we all know that passing a law will make them all disappear.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    A lot of folks I know have started in about "serious conversations about gun control." They aren't looking for a serious conversation though, they are looking for agreement and brow-beating of those who oppose them. I have not argued with any of them yet and I don't plan to do so, it's a waste of time.
    x2. Personally I don't think any 2nd amendment advocates should accommodate air time as a guest or host on radio or TV for the same reason.

Morgan is just typical of your average Liberal media spokesperson. Nothing but Ad Hominen rhetoric. Him and his type make me angry. Oh by the way, I'm also British. I'm just a bit more enlightened to the rights of self defense and the defense of others under my care.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I liked the comments about the brit mentality. Had they had no guns back in the day, the brits would still control us...which is what the brits would want. :)

I liked watching PM get owned by Uncle Ted and now the GOA. Woot!

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    I just signed up with GOA. I've been meaning to get more involved and after watching this video and reading more about them, I'm proud to be a member.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I like Piers, but thought his anger and emotions overcame his reason. He threw epithets at his guest which were totally unwarranted and were more of a way to discredit his guest when he failed to argue convincingly or rattle him. I don't necessarily agree with Pratt's positions, but thought he tried to
    present them coherently. Piers needs crazier supporters on the other side of his argument. Pratt wasn't playing that role.

Last edited:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    PM is just another in a long line of smug liberals that think they know more than everyone else. If you don't agree with them, you are just stupid.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

How can you be a gun owner and a fan of CNN!? They may not be as bad as MSNBC, but they have lied before and they'll do it again. Even now, their homepage is littered with columns about why we need gun control.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60aIaNZA0h8[/ame]

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I love how he wants to talk about their lower rate of gun deaths without allowing the point to be made that while sure, their gun deaths are lower, their overall deaths are higher..so it's fine for people to be murdered so long as a gun wasn't used.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Never much cared for Piers, and after that still dont. If he doesnt like it here maybe he should go back to Jolly old England. Even if he does maybe we should send him back anyway.

Top Bottom