Lame Saturday Night Activities: How Bad Is It?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My first quiz for MATH212 is due tomorrow at Midnight.

I was nervous about it because:

1) It was 20 questions, whereas the quizzes for MATH211 were 8 questions.
    2) The time limit was 4 hours, which suggests that the professor expects that some students might need four hours to complete it.
    3) For this class, only one attempts is allowed. For MATH211 and most other online Ivy Tech classes, the instructor allows a do-over on quizzes (but not on the proctored exams).

So . . . I started at about 6:30 PM today. When I finished, it was about 8:40 PM. When I have time left, I usually check my work and rework as many as I can in the allowed time just to make sure. For some reason, I was just too fatigued to check my work. Against my better judgment . . . and remembering that DETAILS MATTER . . . I submitted without any review. I was hoping to be above 90%, but expecting about 85%. Instead . . . 100%.

I feel pretty good!

Now I'm going to take the rest of the night away from any more homework or studying. I may even take tomorrow off too!

Most of the times have been adjusted to give EVERYONE a chance.
    So, if you're a bit above the cut...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Shut down Ingo and watched about an hour of the Mecham auction.
    I guess watching people buy cars I dream of owning is an acceptable pastime.....:dunno:

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not really a Saturday "night" activity, but took the 3 grandkids to Great Times yesterday afternoon. After about 15 minutes I was starting to get pretty anxiety-ridden. All those kids, general noise level and flashing lights had me ready to go outside and stand in the rain. :): Fortunately the kids got bored after about an hour and were ready to leave.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not really a Saturday "night" activity, but took the 3 grandkids to Great Times yesterday afternoon. After about 15 minutes I was starting to get pretty anxiety-ridden. All those kids, general noise level and flashing lights had me ready to go outside and stand in the rain. :): Fortunately the kids got bored after about an hour and were ready to leave.

Must not have been the "Great Times" they expected

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    Morning fellow compatriots co-conspirators and some constabularys?
    I may not be the only one not knowing how calculus applies in life. I loved math in school until i got to algebra and it all came crashing down. Some would say the world and all in it is numbers? I may love it and don't know it? Yes, I could just search the word and get a defintion although that sounds dry. Some practical application

Morgan88

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been Saturday nightin' for about two weeks now. Put my car and truck up for sale and they both sold within 24 hours of each other and within 72 hours of placing the ad.:n00b: Hadn't really planned on that. Been looking at new F150's but if I'm buying new I want specific options which has been difficult to find to say the least. I thought I had one located in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan of all places and with the exchange rate was over $15k cheaper than the same on south of the border.:rockwoot: Alas when they checked inventory it had been sold two days prior.

Talking with several dealers across several states and as expected the advertised prices and deals seem to vaporize when you call and start talking turkey so plan "B" is a used '17 or '18 GMC of which I've found several reasonably local. Guess I'm taking the day off and borrowing the GF's car tuesday!:spend:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

You're a brave man indeed! The GF says she can actually see a physical reaction in me when I get around kids. (Can't stand most of them due to poor parentage on their part)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You're a brave man indeed! The GF says she can actually see a physical reaction in me when I get around kids. (Can't stand most of them due to poor parentage on their part)

I tried to go into it with a positive attitude (despite having been there for several birthday parties in the past), but 1) I don't really like crowds, 2) I don't like a lot of random loud noise (gunfire doesn't count ;)) and 3) while I have nothing against kids per se, I'm not really used to being around them on a regular basis so my tolerance level really isn't up to places like Great Times, Chucky Cheese, etc.. I tried playing a couple of the more "adult" video games, but there were people (kids and adults!) playing ball in the gaming area. Even the old reliable ski ball games were hard to get to because while one kid or adult was playing, they had to have their own "gallery" of 10 others hovering around them blocking the other machines. :n00b:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Most of the times have been adjusted to give EVERYONE a chance.
    So, if you're a bit above the cut...

It's hard to know where I am in the cut for an online class with students from around the world. I'm pretty sure I had the highest score in my Calculus I class. We'll see how the midterm goes for Calculus II and how much information the instructor is willing to divulge about the performance of the rest of the class.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had a beautiful woman cuddled up to me on the couch and all I did about it was fall asleep by 1030 lol now that's lame

Offsetting penalties! There is a high probability that a beautiful woman finds it endearing that you can fall asleep next to her without making a move each time.

Ruling: Not lame (this time).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Ruling: Not lame.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Morning fellow compatriots co-conspirators and some constabularys?
    I may not be the only one not knowing how calculus applies in life. I loved math in school until i got to algebra and it all came crashing down. Some would say the world and all in it is numbers? I may love it and don't know it? Yes, I could just search the word and get a defintion although that sounds dry. Some practical application

Morgan88

Calculus has more practical applications than you could list here. Calculus is about describing rates of change, which happens in physics, finance, biology, population growth, economics, you name it.

Isaac Newton invented it specifically to efficiently describe motion, its characteristics, and what affects motion. That's as practical as it gets! If I do an experiment to measure the acceleration due to gravity (which is a critically important value in many, many real world applications), I can use that (knowing that it's a constant for a given position) and determine expressions for velocity and displacement using calculus.

Algebra? Algebra is just another dialect of language that helps you concisely describe certain things. You have to be fluent in algebra to do calculus because calculus from its fundamental theorem to almost all applications requires algebraic manipulations to get to solutions of real world problems and models of real world problems.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Been Saturday nightin' for about two weeks now. Put my car and truck up for sale and they both sold within 24 hours of each other and within 72 hours of placing the ad.:n00b: Hadn't really planned on that. Been looking at new F150's but if I'm buying new I want specific options which has been difficult to find to say the least. I thought I had one located in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan of all places and with the exchange rate was over $15k cheaper than the same on south of the border.:rockwoot: Alas when they checked inventory it had been sold two days prior.

Talking with several dealers across several states and as expected the advertised prices and deals seem to vaporize when you call and start talking turkey so plan "B" is a used '17 or '18 GMC of which I've found several reasonably local. Guess I'm taking the day off and borrowing the GF's car tuesday!:spend:

Ruling: not lame. You sold your vehicles!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Calculus has more practical applications than you could list here. Calculus is about describing rates of change, which happens in physics, finance, biology, population growth, economics, you name it.

Isaac Newton invented it specifically to efficiently describe motion, its characteristics, and what affects motion. That's as practical as it gets! If I do an experiment to measure the acceleration due to gravity (which is a critically important value in many, many real world applications), I can use that (knowing that it's a constant for a given position) and determine expressions for velocity and displacement using calculus.

Algebra? Algebra is just another dialect of language that helps you concisely describe certain things. You have to be fluent in algebra to do calculus because calculus from its fundamental theorem to almost all applications requires algebraic manipulations to get to solutions of real world problems and models of real world problems.

I've used algebra in instrumentation.
    Simple algebra, but still algebra.

Top Bottom