• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    I really hope we can have a proper show of demonstrators April 27th! Saturdays are a no go for me, but I would definitely be there otherwise. I think we can easily surpass the 50 locals they have supporting them. Even though we seem to be getting an influx from Chicago doesn't mean we share their views...Lafayette has always been largely pro-gun!

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I just spoke with a lady who attended last nights Lafayette rally. The misinformation she had from the meeting was astonishing, no idea of the laws or what guns they are against, just kept mentioning "assault rifles and how you could buy them over the internet. Absolutely no idea no idea of how the NICS worked, who should be on it, or for that matter just what they are trying to ban.

When trying to point out the flaws and correcting the misinformation she said they were told to just ignore and walk away from NRA members which she correctly assumed I was since I wasn't buying the BS.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just spoke with a lady who attended last nights Lafayette rally. The misinformation she had from the meeting was astonishing, no idea of the laws or what guns they are against, just kept mentioning "assault rifles and how you could buy them over the internet. Absolutely no idea no idea of how the NICS worked, who should be on it, or for that matter just what they are trying to ban.

When trying to point out the flaws and correcting the misinformation she said they were told to just ignore and walk away from NRA members which she correctly assumed I was since I wasn't buying the BS.

Bunch of Purdue leftwingers who are educated beyond their intelligence.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    From Indiana Moms AGAINST Gun Control

The Greater Lafeyette chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America (formerly known as 1 million moms for gun control) has recently organized.
    ""I think the vast majority of people in Lafayette and West Lafayette don't want their neighbors to have assault weapons. But that voice hasn't been heard. So hopefully this group can begin to be that voice," said chapter co-organizer Sue Eiler.

An event on the John T. Myers Pedestrian Bridge is planned for April 27."
    Moms Demand Action Indiana chapter has called out Indiana Moms Against Gun Control on local media outlets. They claimed they will be there to counter us everywhere we go. I'd like to be able to express the same gratitude to them.
    I know for a fact that MeL, Bat, myself, and many others will all be down in southern IN that weekend.
    So, the question is: Do we have enough interest to organize a counter rally in Lafayette on Apr 27?
    Do we have anyone willing to step up and organize the people?
    IMAGC will fully support and host the efforts even with our admin team not able to attend.

-JP

http://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana Moms Against Gun Control is looking for contacts and support to organize a counter rally.
    http://facebook.com/indianamomsagainstguncontrol
    They also have a thread started here on INGO in the women's section.
    We can make this happen.

Is there some way to let criminals know that there will be a large group of unarmed females gathering on that day and in that place.

Not that I support criminals, but this would be an eye opening experience for those that live in a sheltered society. No way the police can protect them all. Would be like shooting fish in a freezer.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Now that's just too coincidental.
    Might I suggest the plausible possibility that this is part of a pernicious plot planned by the Purple Pachyderm for the purpose of provoking and irritating His Excellency.

Drummers, and perhaps trumpeters, too, to herald your arrival. Trying to picture the ensign you'll be flying, and which uniform with accoutrements you'll be sporting. :cool:

beetchslap.gif
    Don't encourage him!

:):

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I like how they care sooo much, that they take the time to mock me in a political thread.

If I had more hair, I would totally rock this:

:laugh:

A thousand pardons, Your Lordship.

Of course, you could choose a more stealthy approach. Perhaps the tweed jacket with elbow patches. Though the Royal Robe might be perceived as a bit pretentious, I'm positive they would be properly persuaded by your professorial persona. :)

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I would definitely stop by for the counter rally, I'm sure I could get a few buddies from class to join as well.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So, gentlemen, counter demonstration?

I have no excuse as my office is directly across from the JTM ped bridge.

Sounds worthwhile. I'd like to get this one supersized:

china_gun_control.jpg

Re the report in the LAF MSM, do they ever report on the Friends of NRA banquet? Which consistently draws FAR more people year after year... including lots of local LE, businessfolks, and politicians. What a sack of :poop:.

Last edited:

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    From the article: "I think the vast majority of people in Lafayette and West Lafayette don't want their neighbors to have assault weapons." This moron seems to implying that owning an AR-15 makes you shoot people. I guess it's no different than anywhere else but this hits closer to home for me. I grew up in that city and really believe it's a great city. Low crime, very nice people, good mix of urban and rural. The educated gun culture is there, but the anti-gun culture is very alive and well. Lafayette and West Lafayette are very different cities though. There are zero gun shops in West Lafayette and there are many in Lafayette.

Growing up in West Lafayette, since there is a very low murder rate and very low break-in rate, you were not very likely to need a gun. We still had one because you never know what will happen, but these ignorant people think because they have never needed one, they never will....AND no one else needs one either. Meh.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Reading this article on wlfi made me sick to my stomach. I am amazed at the amount of issue bandwagoning that is going on. I know its "for the children" but where are the calls for stricter vehicle crash test regulations? Can anyone remember any children being shot by "high power assault weapons" in the Lafayette area? How many times have you seen on wlfi that a child was hit by a drunk drover or killed in a car accident? And that is just locally. Why make new unenforcable laws when we havent been able to enforce those already on the books? Hit those who fail background checks and make "IILLEGAL" gun ownership the problem. Dont stack intangibles on top of intangibles.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    If anyone is in the Lafayette area and would like to help organize a rally please send me a pm. Thanks!
    IMAGC will be posting this up on our events page as soon as we can get things planned out.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    To anyone coming from out of town, DON'T park at the Levee lot in WL, as they will tow your car in a heartbeat. The county garage (Columbia St) in Lafayette is free, and I think the Hilton garage on Tapawingo is cheapish. Also a limited amount of street parking for free.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom