• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I not saying to give up, we just need to try to ensure we are viewed in a positive light. How? I dont know. I thought we did a pretty good last time until some one wanted to twist the facts.

We did do a good job - but the media and the bias of some - are not within our ability to control - we need to counter it ...

I think what we need (this applies to gun owners / 2A positive people everywhere) is to find the local version of "EMILY MILLER" ("emily's got her gun' in Wash DC fame) to do the reporting and keep at least 1 'primary' local source of news positive. ... who is that person ... don't know yet ... I though maybe one of the WTHR achors; but not so - or at least - not yet.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just thinking out loud here:

I understand about standing up for our rights. Sometimes though, I think we are our own worst enemies.

Does it really do good and promote a positive view of gun owners if we attend rallies with long guns strapped to our backs?

I can see a holstered handgun either OC or CC, but having never been to such a rally, what is the consensus of both the pro-gun crowd and the anti-gun crowd? I am sure the anti's don't like it, but does it lead to meaningful, constructive, educational talks with them or does in inflame them more?

Just asking, not judging. I'll put on my fire suit.:)

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just thinking out loud here:

I understand about standing up for our rights. Sometimes though, I think we are our own worst enemies.

Does it really do good and promote a positive view of gun owners if we attend rallies with long guns strapped to our backs?

I can see a holstered handgun either OC or CC, but having never been to such a rally, what is the consensus of both the pro-gun crowd and the anti-gun crowd? I am sure the anti's don't like it, but does it lead to meaningful, constructive, educational talks with them or does in inflame them more?

Just asking, not judging. I'll put on my fire suit.:)

Quoteing myself from another thread - the answer is YES (IMO):

OH Lastly: At rally's I doubt OC will win any from the 'other side' - the hard core banner anti side; but it does show (as per THEIR comments in the video) that MANY gun owners are (their quote): "Good repsonsible people" ... We need to get that message - not to the hard core anti's - but those on and/or near the fence. - some might go further away - but many will start to see the light;

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Quoteing myself from another thread - the answer is YES (IMO):

Yeah, I can see that. Thanks for pointing it out. I guess seeing decent people a lot like them in appearance and demeanor could go a long way vs. the only time they see people with a gun is when they are in the act of committing a crime or on the news. Thanks.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    as i understand the goings on for the day....anti protest is on the bridge and the pro 2nd is on the court house square. is there anything that says we are not aloud to walk the bridge while there rally is happening?....please inform me before i make a mistake

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    as i understand the goings on for the day....anti protest is on the bridge and the pro 2nd is on the court house square. is there anything that says we are not aloud to walk the bridge while there rally is happening?....please inform me before i make a mistake

The only thing I am wondering about, and perhaps I am totally wrong here, but what are the legalities of carrying around a train station? Reihle Plaza is by all means an active train station and bus station with tracks running through it...I believe the railroad system is federal/government property. Am I going too far to think there might be legal implications carrying around this area if pressed by LEO? Hopefully someone with more legal knowledge will chime in :)

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013

no you can walk across the bridge. just make sure not to impede traffic. better yet park on the opposite side of the bridge from where our rally is taking place. then you can walk across it twice

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    We did do a good job - but the media and the bias of some - are not within our ability to control - we need to counter it ...

I think what we need (this applies to gun owners / 2A positive people everywhere) is to find the local version of "EMILY MILLER" ("emily's got her gun' in Wash DC fame) to do the reporting and keep at least 1 'primary' local source of news positive. ... who is that person ... don't know yet ... I though maybe one of the WTHR achors; but not so - or at least - not yet.

that channel 13 anchor that was at the last rally was pretty good. nick definitely let him so facts. when he did his stand up later introducing it he stumbled when he was going to say "assault weapons" and said long rifles instead

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    I not saying to give up, we just need to try to ensure we are viewed in a positive light. How? I dont know. I thought we did a pretty good last time until some one wanted to twist the facts.

I've yet to see where the negative press harmed anything more than a few egos. Do a google search for "indiana moms against gun control" (in quotations) and you'll see that they plastered that story on every lib website they could find, yet every comments section shows huge support for you, and those comments aren't coming from us.
    From everything I heard, you all did a great job at the rally.

That being said, I think we would rather avoid engagement with MDA this time.
    From what we're hearing, even from officials in the area, there has never been much of a 2A movement, and certainly never been a 2A rally, in Lafayette.
    1st goal is to gain public awareness which hopefully leads to support. We have a better chance at this by rallying at the courthouse, than forcing engagement with MDA on a pedestrian bridge.
    2nd goal is to introduce/boost support for the new group Lafayette 2A Defenders, and (hopefully) get some movement into SCC-PU. I'd hate to think that we came to Lafayette to cause trouble, then leave these small groups to fight the battles we created.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Better would be to get an over the top sign that says something like ' "control" all NRA members' and try to get in all the news shots. If questioned, give plenty of stupid, over-the-top statements, how the Founders would not have supported EBGs, or the internet, etc. How criminals will obey these wonderful new laws, because if men can be trained not to rape, criminals can be trained not to use guns, etc. :):

Moms Demand Action against illegal guns:
    6a00d8341c66b253ef0120a55527f7970b-800wi

And be sure to wear lots of tie-dyed stuff, talk about legalizing weed, etc. I think Saul Alinsky and the community organizer would approve.

Just sayin'...

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    that channel 13 anchor that was at the last rally was pretty good. nick definitely let him so facts. when he did his stand up later introducing it he stumbled when he was going to say "assault weapons" and said long rifles instead

You guys did great; and I was glad to stand and help where I could fill in. I thought that near stutter over "long rifles" was funny.

I was thinking of Andrea Morehead, who recently did a very PRO 2A / Pro Women carrying Piece ... I think Mrs.Gungho shared it. ... she didn't fumble at all and it was ALL GO: :yesway:

which was surprising. if you've not seen it let me know I'm sure she or I will be along to re-link it if it is still available.

Top Bottom