• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, I am one of those people. How the hell do you justify considering any behavior criminal if it doesn't harm anyone else. This applies both to activities which never affect others and the outlawing of 'pre-crime'.

So, you the type of guy that does have a problem with...
    -your neighbor sunbathing nude on his lawn?
    -people blowing through school crosswalks?
    -tax evasion?
    -soliciting a minor, online, for sex?
    -entering the nation illegally?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, you the type of guy that does have a problem with...
    -your neighbor sunbathing nude on his lawn?
    -people blowing through school crosswalks?
    -tax evasion?
    -soliciting a minor, online, for sex?
    -entering the nation illegally?

Let's see...

1. Traumatized children with the nudist in plain sight seem to constitute victims.
    2. If someone is running the school crosswalk, traffic has been affirmatively stopped for children actively crossing the street, so reckless endangerment seems an adequate source of victims.
    3. Tax evasion. Interesting question, but I have a far greater problem with .gov larceny via taxation for uses for which it does not have constitutional authority.
    4. Conspiracy to commit [crime of your choice] strikes me as a thorny issue. On one hand, a person can be said to be actively engaged in committing a crime, but then again, it invites standards broad enough to border on policing thought rather than actions.
    5. You have broadened the discussion outside what I presumed to be the playing field, specifically the domestic behavior of US citizens. I would also argue that this practice can be argued as being a key element in our present unemployment situation by virtue of illegals working under circumstances which do not include the costs of compliance with the .gov or our prevailing standard of living. Granted, most of the .gov intervention should be eliminated, but I have a hard time with the notion that the father of 4 sitting at home out of work cannot be said to be a victim of being undercut in the labor market by his being forced to comply with standards not applied to foreign nationals. Every other country on the face of the planet gives its own citizens preferential treatment so far as law favoring the well-being of its own people. I see nothing wrong with this aside from the fact that our imbeciles in office seem to think that our own people should be penalized at home to the benefit of foreign nationals.

Moving on, I would have to ask why it is necessary to drift so far from the point at issue, specifically extreme law enforcement for crossing a street. Last time I checked, we had no shortage of bona fide criminals, so why in the universe is this happening?

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If someone grabs me from behind and I'm carrying the chances of them getting shot are pretty damned good.

Enjoy your prison stay. Cop, pushy tourist, or panhandler, that's a bad shoot.

That is only if they get hit. If no one gets hit where is the injured party?

The same logic would apply to any traffic law, criminal recklessness, etc.. If I run a red light but don't hit anyone, who's the injured party? If I drive sloppy drunk but don't hit anybody, who's the injured party? For that matter, if I shoot my gun at passing pedestians who aren't aware of my presence and I fail to hit anyone, who's the injured party? Making "who's the injured party" a prerequisite to a law is going to have some serious consequences beyond jaywalking tickets or the lack thereof.

Let's see...

1. Traumatized children with the nudist in plain sight seem to constitute victims.?

I'd say the young man who had the pedestrian's wig stuck his windsheild was more tramuatized than a kid seeing a nude sunbather. However, we'd need pics of the sunbather before any final determination could be made.

What does your naked neighbor teach your kids?

How a sundial works?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    You can't legislate the stupid into being smart.
    Making jaywalking a crime will lead to making your precious bacon into a crime.
    That's about all we can learn from this. God save the bacon.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Let's see...she didn't get hit, (except by the fat asses) so she obviously looked both ways or there was no traffic. Either way, no harm, no foul. No screeching brakes or accidents occurred. The only victim in this case was the victim of the ****tards in blue.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So, I'm trying to understand the uproar. People are upset that this girl went to jail for refusal to identify, after committing an infraction?

Yep but notice it is the same select few of the Ingo population. Making mountains out of mole hills from reading one liberal news report after the other. This was your typical yuppie that has an excuse for everything negative thing that happens in their life. What normal person acts the way this girl acts? She should be embarrassed for being such a idiot. Can anyone say drama queen?:rolleyes:

BTW-some have mentioned that this yuppie was good looking. She has a mug like a chicken hawk. I feel for who ever marries that thing.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What does your naked neighbor teach your kids?

Few years ago there was a stripper who lived across from the State Police post in West Lafayette. She would put on flesh colored bodysuit then "exercise" in her front yard with a pole that she had there. She timed it so she did just as the kids were on the bus coming back from school. Now decades ago people would have voiced their concerns to her directly. But at that time they called the police as they did not want to get involved. Wasn't really a police problem. Just something that neighbors could have worked out, had they had any balls.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Few years ago there was a stripper who lived across from the State Police post in West Lafayette. She would put on flesh colored bodysuit then "exercise" in her front yard with a pole that she had there. She timed it so she did just as the kids were on the bus coming back from school. Now decades ago people would have voiced their concerns to her directly. But at that time they called the police as they did not want to get involved. Wasn't really a police problem. Just something that neighbors could have worked out, had they had any balls.

Right. Neighbors should have taken care of that one. Had I been one of the neighbors and seen that her timing was just THAT bad*, late one evening I probably would have paid a visit to her pole with my tube cutter and made a couple passes around the base. Kinda like the opening scene of Cool Hand Luke, except I wouldnt have finished the job. I would have sat back the next afternoon and waited for her weight to finish it for me. *spin* *spin* *spin* *spin* *SNAP!* *THUD* *OWWWWWW!*:laugh:

*its one thing to not care who sees you and to be an attention whore at ALL hours. Its entirely another to crank your AW status to 11 and ONLY do it in front of the kids. Thats a special kind of stupid there.

Hopefully the parents used her as a teaching moment.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Right. Neighbors should have taken care of that one. Had I been one of the neighbors and seen that her timing was just THAT bad*, late one evening I probably would have paid a visit to her pole with my tube cutter and made a couple passes around the base. Kinda like the opening scene of Cool Hand Luke, except I wouldnt have finished the job. I would have sat back the next afternoon and waited for her weight to finish it for me. *spin* *spin* *spin* *spin* *SNAP!* *THUD* *OWWWWWW!*:laugh:

*its one thing to not care who sees you and to be an attention whore at ALL hours. Its entirely another to crank your AW status to 11 and ONLY do it in front of the kids. Thats a special kind of stupid there.

Hopefully the parents used her as a teaching moment.

And then at the trial, the video tape she had in case the police showed up would be presented against you.
    Always assume you are on video.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Back to a very significant point. Austin has enough crime that even if this incident had gone down exactly according to the book, I fail to understand how devoting at least four officer to catching jaywalkers can be justified.

Crime rate in Austin, Texas (TX): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

I bet none of those things happened in sight of where those officers were working. People routinely complain about a lack of foot patrol in business districts. I'll also point out uniformed patrol isn't like assembly line work. There isn't always a major crime coming down the conveyor belt for you to work on and they aren't evenly spaced. I would hazard a guess that the area they are working isn't the more violent area of the city, yet that doesn't mean it can go without any officers. How you police will be tailored to that neighborhood. In some places a simple visible foot patrol may be a good use of resources, perhaps if the major citizen complaints are aggressive panhandlers, shoplifters, etc. You can bet that if a murder or robbery occurs in their area, or if a detective contacts them about a suspect in one of the same in their area, they'll drop their ticket books and go deal with the more pressing issue.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Back to a very significant point. Austin has enough crime that even if this incident had gone down exactly according to the book, I fail to understand how devoting at least four officer to catching jaywalkers can be justified.

Crime rate in Austin, Texas (TX): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics
    Same reason we were pushed heavily to enforce panhandling codes...squeaky wheels. We have one or two people who call 911 DAILY about panhandlers and write the district commander, the chief, and the mayor. All over some BS panhandling. I could not care less but I'm ordered to. I used to be the police at IUPUI and jaywalking was so common that it was seen as normal... even when they were getting struck because they would just pop out of nowhere. If the university admin became concerned, we would have been on it like white on rice. Who is to say that didn't happen here... they were there responding to complaints.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Same reason we were pushed heavily to enforce panhandling codes...squeaky wheels. We have one or two people who call 911 DAILY about panhandlers and write the district commander, the chief, and the mayor. All over some BS panhandling. I could not care less but I'm ordered to. I used to be the police at IUPUI and jaywalking was so common that it was seen as normal... even when they were getting struck because they would just pop out of nowhere. If the university admin became concerned, we would have been on it like white on rice. Who is to say that didn't happen here... they were there responding to complaints.

Can you guys start patrolling Walmart parking lots and store aisles for the inconsiderate pedestrians that block all traffic? Who do I need to write? :D

Top Bottom