Ladies, Please: One Stanley Cup Per Person…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And yes, it is insane. The crazed masses camp out in store parking lots in the freezing cold, not for necessities like food or shelter, or even annual sales on spendy appliances, but for a $45 tapered cup. One video shows a customer jumping the counter at a Target Starbucks and attempting to steal one before he’s accosted by the scorned people waiting in line. In the clip below, you can watch Stanley fanatics swarm a display of hideous red and magenta tumblers. According to the person who recorded the video, the things sold out in less than four minutes.

It’s like no one knows what to want anymore [because] no one has a real personality and life is too comfortable for actual wants to arise naturally, but the want itself persists. … Consumers no longer have personal curated style, needs, or tastes, they simply look to online influencers to tell them what to satiate their never ending desire for more with.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I still remember when Beanie
    Babies were all the rage. Folks would line up at McDonald’s, cars clogging traffic, just to get those things. IIRC, they came with the happy meals and folks would throw the meal away after getting that BB out of it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I still remember when Beanie
    Babies were all the rage. Folks would line up at McDonald’s, cars clogging traffic, just to get those things. IIRC, they came with the happy meals and folks would throw the meal away after getting that BB out of it.
    Yep, no different than the iPhone and video game releases.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I read the article. It states some obvious truths. What it does not mention is that influencer and social media driven purchases will likely help lead to the demise of consumer culture or lead us directly to a culture in the film "Idiocracy".

I was holding out hope for the former, but "Idiocracy" looks closer and closer to our reality every day. The only thing that may force a redirect is something like the great depression or collapse of the currency. Possibly something like a full blown WW3, but I did not want to even want to say that last one.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is indicative of the sheeple mentality:

Just watch the Target swarm video again. As Gen Zer and Independent Women’s Forum junior fellow Noelle Fitchett astutely wrote on X, almost all the women in the clip are wearing the same outfit: Ugg-style boots or slippers with black Lululemon pants. “Just because you see something on TikTok doesn’t mean you need to buy it,” Fitchett said.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    “Just because you see something on TikTok doesn’t mean you need to buy it,” Fitchett said.
    I’m kinda sorta guilty of this behavior, but only with guitars, bass guitars, guitar amps, drum sets, guitar pedals, and most hand and power tools.
    I don’t do tiktok, but I do instagram and YouTube, and I’m constantly seeing things in the above categories and going “oh ****! I gotta have that”!
    :):

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I read the article. It states some obvious truths. What it does not mention is that influencer and social media driven purchases will likely help lead to the demise of consumer culture or lead us directly to a culture in the film "Idiocracy".

I was holding out hope for the former, but "Idiocracy" looks closer and closer to our reality every day. The only thing that may force a redirect is something like the great depression or collapse of the currency. Possibly something like a full blown WW3, but I did not want to even want to say that last one.
    You'd be surprised how many corporations use social media "influencers" as part of their marketing strategy...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My Stanley thermos had a love note in it when I bought it.
    "Dear Sigblitz, thank you for buying our product. Please boil water and preheat the thermos before putting your coffee in it."
    One Friday morning I left my thermos in the freezing cold. How cold? Well, when the coffee comes back out, it freezes before it hits the ground.
    I went home that evening forgetting my thermos. The following Monday I was expecting a cold cup of coffee, not the steaming hot coffee I poured in my cup. Thermos is the 8th wonder of the world.

Ladies, you can have your pink cups, because, well, they're pink. Enjoy.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I use a NICE™ cup the oldest got me for Christmas years ago. I'll stick with it.

Beany babies LOL. Wound up with hundreds of them when the bottom dropped out of the market. White fuzz from their craniums all over down range. The youngest and I shot at them all summer.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    e0aa8d460b8b0a1e0216890a5b65fb93.jpg
    8787bebaea2f394d9c1a49fb31fbfea6.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ya got me Mike.
    I was expecting some tranny hockey players fighting over participation trophies.
    Yeah, me too. Was kinda surprised when I saw the article about the Stanley Cup was from The Federalist; relieved when I saw it's just about a coffee mug.

Honestly, I don't get why this glam fad is any bigger than others. Women gonna woman. I don't mean that in a sexist way; men have their societal status quirks too. This desire to be seen clad in the latest fad is centuries old; it's why there's a fashion industry.

The article started off talking about how Taylor Swift is a sign of societal decay. WTF? Was the author too young for the Madonna craze in 1980's?

Stanley Cup™ is just another glam fad accessory women like to be seen with. Carrying around coffee is an aging fad. Guess it gets renewed when a mug comes out that everyone just has to have. I'll stick with my Yeti. :):

Top Bottom