Ladies, Please: One Stanley Cup Per Person…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One big difference is copper wire does not need a power source in the home. VOIP needs an emergency power source in the home in the event of power outage and even that might not be enough for some systems…
    Well yeah. I have a battery backup dedicated to the networking equipment including the phone line to Ethernet converter. What really shuts the phone down is when the cable goes out.

Because of cell phones we don’t really need a “land line” connection anyway.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well yeah. I have a battery backup dedicated to the networking equipment including the phone line to Ethernet converter. What really shuts the phone down is when the cable goes out.

Because of cell phones we don’t really need a “land line” connection anyway.
    Not sure why folks even want a landline today. Friends that have one still call on their cell even from their couch…. :lmfao:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Not sure why folks even want a landline today. Friends that have one still call on their cell even from their couch…. :lmfao:
    My mom has kept both forever. She says to many of her old friends still have the house number and only call her on that number. She is afraid ending her house line would cause her to lose contact with people.
    But yea...she has her cell beside her on the couch and plays silly games on it lol.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My mom has kept both forever. She says to many of her old friends still have the house number and only call her on that number. She is afraid ending her house line would cause her to lose contact with people.
    But yea...she has her cell beside her on the couch and plays silly games on it lol.
    She can transport the number to cell,FYI

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    She can transport the number to cell,FYI
    She has had a cell phone number for 25+ years as well. It used to be just for "work"(she owns a tax and book keeping business)....she needs that number to(especially this year as she just inherited about 2000 new clients from a friend in the business that is sadly dying of cancer).
    She will likely keep both forever and nothing and no one on earth could convince her otherwise lol.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    She has had a cell phone number for 25+ years as well. It used to be just for "work"(she owns a tax and book keeping business)....she needs that number to(especially this year as she just inherited about 2000 new clients from a friend in the business that is sadly dying of cancer).
    She will likely keep both forever and nothing and no one on earth could convince her otherwise lol.
    Could she transport the number and have it forwarded to one phone? I get she may not care…

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I know one guy that does because his kids are not responsible enough to keep track of a cell phone. In an emergency, he doesn't want them having to search for where they could have left it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One in five employers say that recent college graduates are “unprepared” for interviews — and are often unprofessional.

Fifty-three percent of employers surveyed said that recent college graduates struggle with eye contact, 50% said they ask for unreasonable compensation, 47% said they don’t dress appropriately for interviews, and 21% said they refuse to turn their cameras on for virtual interviews.

Additionally, 63% of those involved in hiring claimed that recent college grads can’t manage their workload, 61% said they are frequently late to work, 59% claimed they often miss deadlines, and 53% noted that they are frequently late to meetings.

Fifty-eight percent said Gen Z jobseekers get offended too easily and are unprepared for the workforce in general, 63% said they are entitled, 57% believed they lack professionalism, 55% said they don’t respond well to constructive feedback, and 52% claimed they have poor communication skills.

Of those surveyed, 47% admitted that they had fired a recent college graduate.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I have an American made Stanley that will hold hot coffee all day. I also bought a wide mouth for soup that was sadly made in china. It has been replaced 5 times under warranty for not holding temp for more than 3 hours. I gave up on them when the last replacement came with a letter stating the thermos was working to expectation and they would no longer replace it. I bought a cheap wide mouth at menards for $20 and it holds temp all day.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Because it is not “different” it should not be discussed? Once said a pastor need not address an issue again? From the last paragraph:

“Log off. Don’t let the things you want — or think you need — be dictated by strangers. No influencer-inspired lifestyle or 40-ounce “Quencher” can satiate your real thirst for more.”

Again similar to points you have made here, don’t miss the link in the last words in the quote…
    I agree with both you and "Mister Grease". He's right that the brain-wiring that causes people to follow social trends has ancient roots and you're right that now things are different.

This is just me, but I think those kinds of compulsions are rooted in early human evolution. No matter what we say, we all share it to a greater or lesser degree (I remember a grouchy old neighbor man who only started waving to me as he drove past the old farmhouse I lived in when he saw me on my new/old John Deere riding mower). The desire or need to feel part of a group might be one of the strongest compulsion people have, and we've been like that for tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of years.

The big new development is the internet that allows communities of large numbers of people to form, and for the first time in our history, with no relation to geographic proximity. One of the biggest reasons why the world we currently live in is not the one we grew up in. Most times I don't want any part of it, but maybe I'm one of the old grouchy ones now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with both you and "Mister Grease". He's right that the brain-wiring that causes people to follow social trends has ancient roots and you're right that now things are different.

This is just me, but I think those kinds of compulsions are rooted in early human evolution. No matter what we say, we all share it to a greater or lesser degree (I remember a grouchy old neighbor man who only started waving to me as he drove past the old farmhouse I lived in when he saw me on my new/old John Deere riding mower). The desire or need to feel part of a group might be one of the strongest compulsion people have, and we've been like that for tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of years.

The big new development is the internet that allows communities of large numbers of people to form, and for the first time in our history, with no relation to geographic proximity. One of the biggest reasons why the world we currently live in is not the one we grew up in. Most times I don't want any part of it, but maybe I'm one of the old grouchy ones now.

Yep. I'm not sure evolved instincts are all that compatible with the modern world created by technology. We evolve socially, and technologically, faster than biologically. Many of our natural instincts are obsolete in this world. So I don't think the process has been selecting for the traits that keep humans thriving. People are just gaming the instincts. That's why advertising works. But anyway, stay grouchy. The world deserves it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom