• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure you've all heard about the ex-cop/military officer who is killing cops and their families in L.A. There was a a lull in the ER last night so I took the opportunity to read his manifesto and every story about him I could find. Here it was I gathered:

1. The man, Christopher Dorner, is an ex LAPD cop and a naval intel officer
    2. He used his status to obtain weapons illegal in CA
    3. Ironically he's a pro gun control
    4. He claims that the LAPD fired him because he was blowing the whistle on police brutality and corruption.
    5. He was fired for allegedly falsifying police reports but no charges were filed.
    6. He claims that the firing "ruined his life" and that the killings won't stop until they clear his name.
    7. He's a lefty (which explains why the media isn't using him as a gun control argument)
    8. In two instances now, LAPD police officers have opened fire upon trucks matching Dorner's truck's description w/o knowing who was inside. Two women were shot in one instance. The driver in the 2nd escaped unharmed.

Question: Does this story strike anyone as blatantly fishy? Like maybe his allegations are true and LAPD has issued an unofficial order to shoot him? One instance of jumpy cops I buy.....two right after the other? Ehhhh...

Finally, with an ex-cop absolutely schooling LAPD at every turn, having obtained weapons illegal for the average CA resident, and gunning down innocent civilians who don't have equal means to protect themselves....is it any wonder why we have the 2nd amendment?

Would love your comments and/or updates on the developing story. This one has me fascinated.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    #3 doesn't strike me as ironic at all; of course he's pro gun control. That'd just mean less possible resistance.

As for the cops shooting at anybody they think MIGHT be him...well, people are stupid, in general. There are exceptions, but that's the rule. Cops are people too. There are good ones and bad ones, and in a tense situation like that... *sigh*

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ummm....please explain #7. I'm a lefty. What does that have to do with gun control?

It's been my experience in my political activism that anyone who commits violence AND is a conservative immediately sparks some journalist spouting off about how conservatives are violent and we should take guns from them.
    Ex. In Tusan the shooter was mistaken for a tea party guy and immediately lefties everywhere jumped on it as how we on the right are violent and guns should be taken away. Then they shut up as soon as it came out he had things like writings from Marx in his room.

Today I hear crickets from the media. In fact I've heard crickets all week.

If my observation offends you I'm sorry.
    BTW I've met democrats who were progun but not lefties....and I grew up in a deeply left area. Are you like the odd man out in your circles??

schmeed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    It's been my experience in my political activism that anyone who commits violence AND is a conservative immediately sparks some journalist spouting off about how conservatives are violent and we should take guns from them.
    Ex. In Tusan the shooter was mistaken for a tea party guy and immediately lefties everywhere jumped on it as how we on the right are violent and guns should be taken away. Then they shut up as soon as it came out he had things like writings from Marx in his room.

BTW I've met democrats who were progun but not lefties....and I grew up in a deeply left area. Are you like the odd man out in your circles??

So...to be CLEAR...I am LEFT HANDED. Not politically left leaning.

I am a conserative and I want less government (spending, taxes, waste) and more liberty.

To re-state: SCHMEED IS LEFT HANDED, NOT LEFT LEANING. :)
    :patriot:

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    HAHAHAHA. That makes sense then. When I see lefty...I think left handed.

For political leftness, I prefer:
    liberal wacko
    nutjob
    idiot
    brainless
    I could keep going.

haha Funniest thing I've read all day. I wondered why you didn't understand the lefty comment, but now I get it!

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    "Question: Does this story strike anyone as blatantly fishy? Like maybe his allegations are true and LAPD has issued an unofficial order to shoot him? One instance of jumpy cops I buy.....two right after the other? Ehhhh..."

I've been wrestling with the same idea. I have LOTS of friends who are policemen. I really like to give them the benefit of the doubt, however, I am not foolish enough to believe that every cop is an angel.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    So...to be CLEAR...I am LEFT HANDED. Not politically left leaning.

I am a conserative and I want less government (spending, taxes, waste) and more liberty.

To re-state: SCHMEED IS LEFT HANDED, NOT LEFT LEANING. :)
    :patriot:

You have absolutely no idea how hard I laughed when I read your post about being left handed. When I'm not in the ER, I do political work, so the term "lefty" for me doesn't even compute to which hand you use. Hilarious. Here I was wondering just what the heck kind of lefty was a poster on IN Gun Owners ROTFL.

schmeed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I wouldn't put anything past the LAPD. History of lying and crooked cops. In an organization of that size, dealing with gangs and crime in LA, nothing surprises me.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    HAHAHAHA. That makes sense then. When I see lefty...I think left handed.

For political leftness, I prefer:
    liberal wacko
    nutjob
    idiot
    brainless
    I could keep going.
    I am a right handed lefty(ok, moderate) and deplore what you say, but will defend to the death* your right to say it (be stupid).

* yours

you fossil-brained
    tea bagging
    old white man :cool:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012

Except Holmes and Laughner were both registered democrats. There goes that theory.

Here I was wondering just what the heck kind of lefty was a poster on IN Gun Owners ROTFL.
    This one right here.

Considering your entire post is politically motivated, it more properly belongs in general political discussion, not general firearm discussion. I hate having to weed through intolerant threads when I just want to talk about guns.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Except Holmes and Laughner were both registered democrats. There goes that theory.

This one right here.

Yes but it wasn't until after Laughner was shown to be a Dem that blaiming the Tea party stopped. Also no gun control schemes were launched after Holmes or Laughner, just a few "guns are bad" memes.

Whereas after Waco and Ruby Ridge "extreme right wingers" were demonized and in 94 the AWB happened. Gun control advocates sited these incidents but not incidents with lefties.

Lanza in CT was different. Children were murdered there and emotions were high. Thus the gun control schemes were launched.

Just my opinion.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    #3 doesn't strike me as ironic at all; of course he's pro gun control. That'd just mean less possible resistance.

As for the cops shooting at anybody they think MIGHT be him...well, people are stupid, in general. There are exceptions, but that's the rule. Cops are people too. There are good ones and bad ones, and in a tense situation like that... *sigh*

Hahaha true.

I know what you're saying about cops. I have friends who are cops who I trust very much, which is why I can cut them slack for one accident.......two back to back? Maybe LAPD is exceptionally incompetent.....or maybe a large organization known for civil rights violations, etc is corrupt. Or both?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN

My first thought as well. HE could have the "illegal weapons" in a state where citizens couldn't. Of course he didn't care about what the rest of them could have. The fewer the better for criminals.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Sinister. add that to your list of synonyms for the political left

From Merriam Webster dictionary:
    4a : of, relating to, or situated to the left or on the left side of something

Top Bottom