• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZM19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Elkhart
    I was fingerprinted via L-1 on Saturday and sent my application yesterday. Even with the (hopefully) quick turnaround you guys have been getting with L-1 this is going to feel like forever. :popcorn:

phil

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    I'm still curious what this L-1 is, exactly. For those of you who have done this, is there anything "special" I should be aware of?

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County
    I'm still curious what this L-1 is, exactly. For those of you who have done this, is there anything "special" I should be aware of?

I went to Greenwood, Solo Diagnostics did the hand screening. It digitally fingerprints your the whole finger (basically).

As to what L-1 does exactly, outside of this license assistance, not sure.

Its just a one room deal, guy sits in there with his equipment and takes care of business. No complaints, and nothing special. Maybe keep your hands clean? Good luck!

ZM19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Elkhart
    I was fingerprinted via L-1 on Saturday and sent my application yesterday. Even with the (hopefully) quick turnaround you guys have been getting with L-1 this is going to feel like forever. :popcorn:

IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!

L-1 is the way to go! :rockwoot:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    L-1 must be an 'approved' contractor that handles aspects of the applicant history research that the state would normally do.
    ISP being thin on time and manpower to do such research, allows L-1 to take up the slack (for a small fee) and gets it faster than the state could hope to process anything.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    the l-1 website isnt very informative... I go to the fingerprinting place and my $75 state fee has already been paid, correct? What is my next step? I go to impd with $50? a check? a money order? cash? Where at impd do I go? How soon after getting printed can I go?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    the l-1 website isnt very informative... I go to the fingerprinting place and my $75 state fee has already been paid, correct? What is my next step? I go to impd with $50? a check? a money order? cash? Where at impd do I go? How soon after getting printed can I go?

don't know where to go in indy?....as soon as the guy is done printin' you and hits send your prints are there.....you can go straight to your local PD...

CoachStall

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Johnson County

When you fill out the online app, you will pay then and it includes the extra $11 bucks to goto L-1 and get printed. All you need to do is pay your local department. What county do you live in?

For example, i Live in town of Acton, Marion County. B/c Acton has no local PD, i had to go all the way downtown Indy to pay the remaining $50. I took cash. Once you find out who your local PD is call and ask what they accept payment wise.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    pay the remaining $50. I took cash. Once you find out who your local PD is call and ask what they accept payment wise.
    :+1::+1:

Good point!
    The Lawrence County Sheriff Dept. only accepts cash.
    No credit, debit, checks...
    I had a friend go there with a card and had to leave, get cash, and go back the next day.
    That doesn't make the Law Co Sheriff bad or anything, it's just good to know up front to take cash.

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I think me and my wife hold the record for 4 days from submittal to receipt of LTCP. That was back in November '09. We did use L1 for our finger printing which I believe speeds things up because they scan and send your finger prints electronically to the ISP. But in reading over all the other stories in older threads I believe that there are a lot of variables which determine how long it is going to take. I suspect the your local LE Station where you have to submit the application is a variable that you cannot quantify.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    im in indy.. Im getting printed at ISP headquarters at 100 n senate.. Im hoping they will be able to tell me where to go at the city county building to complete the process.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    im in indy.. Im getting printed at ISP headquarters at 100 n senate.. Im hoping they will be able to tell me where to go at the city county building to complete the process.

After you go through the metal detector at the entrance, take the hallway on the right all the way to the end. You want the last office on the right.

Top Bottom