• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    FYI: Tippecanoe Co. is now on that list, too. Sheriff Brown told me in an email yesterday (Saturday!) that he would be applying to turn his office into an L-1 printing station as well. Seems their hours are not long enough for his tastes!

Thank you Sheriff Brown! :rockwoot:

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    A friend of mine got his LTCH in 4 days using L-1. I didn't believe him when he told me about this but he came over OCing just a few mins ago and showed me his pink paper.

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Hm, I'm a little upset now with my overall experience after reading the replies in this thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears you guys are using L-1, going local and paying $50 and a few days later you receive your LTCH in the mail?

Well that's not how mine is going so far at all. I gave the lady at the local PD $50 and she said she would call me in "about a week" when my background check came back..I won't get my LTCH in about a week..I don't even start that process. I guess there is a local background check you guys are skipping somehow?

Damnit I'm always the unlucky one going through 3 more holes than the next guy.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    L1 Security Solutions versus"applying online".

Hm, I'm a little upset now with my overall experience after reading the replies in this thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears you guys are using L-1, going local and paying $50 and a few days later you receive your LTCH in the mail?

Well that's not how mine is going so far at all. I gave the lady at the local PD $50 and she said she would call me in "about a week" when my background check came back..I won't get my LTCH in about a week..I don't even start that process. I guess there is a local background check you guys are skipping somehow?

Damnit I'm always the unlucky one going through 3 more holes than the next guy.[/quote

The L1 Security Solutions printing and background check is a entirely separate operation from applying online through ISP or going to your local LEO. They are a private contractor that he State allows to do background checks. If you go to the ISP web sight to apply online you are given the option to use L1 Security for an adittiona $10.95 charge. If you choose that option and click on it it redirects you to L1's web page,. Once there you make an appointment to go to one of THEIR (L1's) offices to be printed. once having done that you then carry the paper work they give you to your city or county LEO office pay the $50.00 local and $75.00 state fees and then either mail the application you have now filled out yourself or in the case of Marion County for example they mail it for you. The ones that have added this extra step of going to L1 first before going to their local LEO are the ones getting their permits in less than a week. Merely applying online with the ISP and not going through the L1 option DOES NOT expedite the handling of your application. All it does is save the clerk at the City/County the time it takes them to type up your application for you.

:D

Last edited:

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010

Damnit I'm always the unlucky one going through 3 more holes than the next guy.[/quote

The L1 Security Solutions printing and background check is a entirely separate operation from applying online through ISP or going to your local LEO. They are a private contractor that he State allows to do background checks. If you go to the ISP web sight to apply online you are given the option to use L1 Security for an adittiona $10.95 charge. If you choose that option and click on it it redirects you to L1's web page,. Once there you make an appointment to go to one of THEIR (L1's) offices to be printed. once having done that you then carry the paper work they give you to your city or county LEO office pay the $50.00 local and $75.00 state fees and then either mail the application you have now filled out yourself or in the case of Marion County for example they mail it for you. The ones that have added this extra step of going to L1 first before going to their local LEO are the ones getting their permits in less than a week. Merely applying online with the ISP and not going through the L1 option DOES NOT expedite the handling of your application. All it does is save the clerk at the City/County the time it takes them to type up your application for you.

:D

You misunderstood. I applied online. I paid my $85.95 electronically AND I went to L-1 and was fingerprinted. After going to L-1, I went to the local PD. I paid $50.00, was not fingerprinted again and was told I'd be called in a week when my background check came in.

I didn't just go in and pay $50.00 like everyone else and have them mail it or give to me to mail the same day..I have a week in front where I have to wait for local to do a background check.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    You misunderstood. I applied online. I paid my $85.95 electronically AND I went to L-1 and was fingerprinted. After going to L-1, I went to the local PD. I paid $50.00, was not fingerprinted again and was told I'd be called in a week when my background check came in.

I didn't just go in and pay $50.00 like everyone else and have them mail it or give to me to mail the same day..I have a week in front where I have to wait for local to do a background check.

Wow! Yeah whatever your deal is there it is a local thing but if you don't say what county you are in no one else can benefit from your experience as it differs by county or city, somewhat tied to the whims of whoever is in charge in that jurisdiction. Hell of a way to run a railroad but that's the way it is. :dunno:

b0r0b

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Yeah, I've stated in my initial post on the sticky that I am in Wayne county. I don't get what the extra hoop is for but I hope they process it and call me. If I don't get a call this tuesday, I'm going to go down there and exercise my freedom of speech :P

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Yeah, I've stated in my initial post on the sticky that I am in Wayne county. I don't get what the extra hoop is for but I hope they process it and call me. If I don't get a call this tuesday, I'm going to go down there and exercise my freedom of speech :P

Go for it!! Let us know how that works out! :D

JiNx0036

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Michigan City
    I've just paid the $85.95 for the L-1 electronically and filled out the application online. It didn't give me an option to print the application but said that it was submitted. I'm in LaPorte County and Friday is my appointment and Michigan City PD only accepts payments on Wed so I'll have to go in the following week. We'll see how long it takes from Wed to get the license.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I got the popup about L1 when I did my form online, but I didn't use it. I did the printing about 5 weeks ago. If I had known it would speed it up I would have used it. I didn't use it because I still had to go downtown and get printed, so I just paid then.

IndyJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I used L1 this Tuesday in Indianapolis (quick n painless). I'll advise everyone if/when I get my pink slip. I've been hearing mixed reviews so far. Some are a few days some are still weeks.

AppleBonker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    Valpo
    I would highly recommend using L-1. I applied electronically on 6/28 and visited the local PD that night to pay my local fees. I got fingerprinted by L-1 on 6/30. I mailed all form from the local PD (along with a copy of the L-1 receipt, not sure if it was needed, but why not?) on 7/1. Received my license today. Not bad considering the holiday weekend. From starting the application to ltch receipt was only 7 business days.

Top Bottom