• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I tend to weigh on the side of when Trump supported him it was a bigger more serious situation than the bumpstock deal, although there is that added "take the guns first without due process" thing as well.

There are a number of people including Rittenhouse apparently who feel it is the number one deal breaker but there is so much more at stake now than just that to consider. I didn't like it either, but I am not as concerned right now about Trump infringing on the 2nd especially after he was almost assassinated and he is still defending the right according to his top campaign advisor.

MILWAUKEE, July 16 (Reuters) - Donald Trump will safeguard gun rights by appointing federal judges who oppose new firearm limits if he is elected in November, despite narrowly surviving an assassination attempt, a senior adviser to his presidential campaign said on Tuesday.

"We'll see a continuation of supporting and defending the Second Amendment, and really where that comes into play is, you know, the judiciary," Chris LaCivita said at an event hosted by the U.S. Concealed Carry Association, a gun rights group, at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee.

The U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms.
    The remarks from LaCivita - who said he carries a concealed weapon himself when not with Trump - dovetailed with the sentiments expressed by a dozen Republican Party delegates interviewed by Reuters at the convention, days after a would-be assassin's bullet grazed Trump's ear at a Saturday rally in Pennsylvania.

All were adamantly against any reform to America's gun laws, including raising the legal age to buy a gun, strengthening background checks or limiting assault-style rifles similar to the one the gunman used in his attack.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I tend to weigh on the side of when Trump supported him it was a bigger more serious situation than the bumpstock deal, although there is that added "take the guns first without due process" thing as well.

There are a number of people including Rittenhouse apparently who feel it is the number one deal breaker but there is so much more at stake now than just that to consider. I didn't like it either, but I am not as concerned right now about Trump infringing on the 2nd especially after he was almost assassinated and he is still defending the right according to his top campaign advisor.

MILWAUKEE, July 16 (Reuters) - Donald Trump will safeguard gun rights by appointing federal judges who oppose new firearm limits if he is elected in November, despite narrowly surviving an assassination attempt, a senior adviser to his presidential campaign said on Tuesday.

"We'll see a continuation of supporting and defending the Second Amendment, and really where that comes into play is, you know, the judiciary," Chris LaCivita said at an event hosted by the U.S. Concealed Carry Association, a gun rights group, at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee.

The U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms.
    The remarks from LaCivita - who said he carries a concealed weapon himself when not with Trump - dovetailed with the sentiments expressed by a dozen Republican Party delegates interviewed by Reuters at the convention, days after a would-be assassin's bullet grazed Trump's ear at a Saturday rally in Pennsylvania.

All were adamantly against any reform to America's gun laws, including raising the legal age to buy a gun, strengthening background checks or limiting assault-style rifles similar to the one the gunman used in his attack.
    I was glad for that statement, but I still like to hear things from the horse's mouth

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was glad for that statement, but I still like to hear things from the horse's mouth
    True but he's a top campaign advisor that is close to Trump in any event who I'm sure has the insight. It's part of the campaign and I have yet to see anything to the contrary. He's in essence acting as a spokesman on the subject.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ron Paul has been a POTUS candidate loser since at least 1988. I can't imagine what sort of neuron inactivity would be required to convince yourself "Ah, this year is the year that all changes!"

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Ron Paul has been a POTUS candidate loser since at least 1988. I can't imagine what sort of neuron inactivity would be required to convince yourself "Ah, this year is the year that all changes!"
    Ron Paul was Ross Perot?

Holy Crap!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ron Paul was Ross Perot?

Holy Crap!

Ross Perot had a *much* better showing in the popular vote in 1992 than Ron Paul in 1988. Paul wasn't able to break the 1% mark. Perot was knocking around 20%, IIRC. Well over the gap in popular vote between Clinton and Bush the Elder.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Ross Perot had a *much* better showing in the popular vote in 1992 than Ron Paul in 1988. Paul wasn't able to break the 1% mark. Perot was knocking around 20%, IIRC. Well over the gap in popular vote between Clinton and Bush the Elder.
    I have never been much into politics. My first memory of Ron Paul was the 2008 tour. Had no idea he had been around that long. Well I knew he was old. I mean campaigning for president that long.

Top Bottom