Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    What: Kydex smooshing and bending/molding class
    Where: 46347 (Address will be PM'd to members attending)
    When: Sunday 29 Jan. 1000-1600

What to bring?
    1. Item to mold for kydex holder (holster)

2. Open mind and good conversation.

3. Food dish. Menu will include-Coctail weenies in BBQ sauce, chili cheese dip, hot dogs, and fried pickles. If someone would like to bring drinks, tasty beer, dessert, or anything else tasty that would be appreciated.

4. Tools. I only have one set of everything which will cause bottlenecks. GLOVES THAT RESIST HEAT! They don't need to be welding gloves but some type of thicker glove. Tin snips, heat gun, kydex, files, hammers, toaster oven, cordless drill and bits, smoosher, rivet thing a ding for 3/8 rivets. I do everything by hand so it is very time intensive.

5. $8 per 12"x12" sheet of kydex if you don't have any. Depending how economical you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a sheet. You can make a holster for $8! How amazing is that!?

I will have to limit this class to 8. I have never had this problem in the past but I don't want to have to turn people down.

Bob-I'll be glad to try to make a holster for that beautiful 1911 if you deem me deserving so.

Attending:
    Davegrave
    Wild Deuce
    Groovatron
    Newbomb92
    Danimal
    DanO
    lonehoosier

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    If you are going to do another one let me know, I need 3 weeks to be able to take off for it. I would really love to try this out.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I'll pass on this, as I already have some experience with kydex.

If anyone needs tools I have a heat gun and dremel that you're welcome to borrow.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I'll be there for sure. I don't have a heat gun or the rivet-er but I can bring most of the other tools and I'm hoping to buy the Kydex from you.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    really is a shame too, i needed a holster for my sr9c and a matching set of mag holsters. I will volunteer my pistol and mags to be used for experimentation though, I'll even pay for mats

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I'll be there too. I have a few tools I can borrow/steal from the father in law... not sure he'll let me steal the toaster oven but he's in Haiti this week so who cares :D

I'll be buying the Kydex from you, Sir.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    AAAND I'm out.

Crap, that was fast.

Going to be looking at banquet halls and wedding crap.
    I WANT IN ON THE NEXT ONE!!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I can make this but can not start heading your way until 12 noon (I assume this is at your home). PM me and let me know if this is ok.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    i'm in

1: looking to make an open carry holster for my m&p45 full size
    3: does bacon count as a food dish?
    4:
    A: gloves - check​
    B: tin snips - check (straight cutters only)​
    C: heat gun - plumber's / propane torch work??? i've got a bottle and a half​
    D: kydex - i'll have to buy a sheet (or 2 if i fail miserably) from you​
    E: files - check (small precision ones i take it?)​
    F: hammers - check + check (framing + rubber mallot)​
    G: toaster oven - fail​
    H: drill + bits - check (only cordless i have is an impact driver, so i'll have to bring my corded)​
    I: a rivet gun? i have one but i don't think it does 3/8"s, think mine only does 1/8" and 1/4" (not that i need more excuses to buy more tools) i'll swing by menards on the way home and see what they got​

really is a shame too, i needed a holster for my sr9c and a matching set of mag holsters. I will volunteer my pistol and mags to be used for experimentation though, I'll even pay for mats

i have a sr40 i'll bring with me, dimensionally they are pretty close except for the barrel length and grip length; so it'd have to be an open muzzle holster or have a bunch of dead air space for a full size (which works out good if you pick one up in the future). i think the mags should be pretty spot on. i'm not really looking to make one for my sr40, but i'll have it with me if you want one made

farva118

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Lake County
    I cannot make it, unfortunately.

But if anyone wants to make a few bucks and get some practice, I am looking for a kydex dual mag pouch for 1911 mags.

If you are interested, PM me so I can get with you to lend you some mags and give you a little cash.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I'm going to try and make it. Don't know what the better half has planned, but I'll shoot you a call or txt later tonight.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Ill be a maybe, but if I can make it, I will bring some snips and some gloves along with some drill bits. Ill grab the big heat gun too.

I will give my spot to someone else, who needs a new holster more than I do. But if anyone just happens to decide to travel my way, let me know and I will take some of the Kydex if there is any left over

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom