• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I didn't know what to expect this morning when I opened the shop...I remember four years ago when I was helping out a local shop the day after the election and the panic buying was in full mode...It was not a very pretty sight and it had all of the sense of lemmings running off a cliff...

In preparation for this possible outcome I came in early and my wife came into the shop to work from here rather than her office at home or at her job....Good news...A Nylon 66 sold and an INGO'er called to let me know a transfer from Bud's was coming in...I have 7-8 SKS's and a couple of AK's and none were asked to be shown....I think we (the consumer) learned our lesson last time and let our common sense prevail...

If I could I would rep all of you....

Saaaa-Lute............:ingo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGQkI46BOQ

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I got an e-mail from a buddy who works at a local gun shop that said stuff was flying off the shelves.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    My FFL guy said the day before the election his suppliers had hundreds of AR parts - lowers, or uppers, or something (what do I know, I'm an AK guy) and as of today the are all gone.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I went to look at a sling today for my son's new rifle. The shop was crowded, but most of what I saw people buying wasn't "assault weapon" type stuff, more handguns than anything else.

On a side note, Meijer's still had several 100 rd boxes of .40 on the shelf. No 100s of .45 or .44, though, 50s only.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Some places may be busier than others but I suspect as soon as obamer starts talking gun control shops will be getting cleaned out and prices will go up.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm not sure which is worse, the sheeple that blindly voted for OBummer or the sheeple that go out and panic buy everything. He's got a lot more important things to worry about right now than guns.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I had 20 people sign up for classes between midnight and 9AM. I also sold 3 AR's from our web store. Davidsons sold out of MANY rifle types overnight. We had a sales record Sunday. I'm not going to let my guard down just yet.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I got an e-mail from a buddy who works at a local gun shop that said stuff was flying off the shelves.
    Sadly, I imagine some of that flew off the shelves and into their backrooms for a price mark-up. I am not accusing any dealers of anything but we know there are some out there that were looking for any reason to jack their prices up.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I don't see any logical reason to panic at this point. A Republican House isn't going to let any bad gun laws pass. The Dems can't get around that. The difference in '08 was the Dems took the White House, the House and had 60 Senate seats and could do anything they wanted to do. People had reason to be concerned. Funny thing though, there were enough pro-gun Dems who were worried about their seats that nothing happened.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    OK....Monday I bought two guns and I bought 750 rounds of ammunition today....but I swear, it was just a coincidence!

Last edited:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I bought a thousand rounds of 9mm a couple weeks ago but I normally buy in bulk every once in a while so I don't have to every time I go shooting.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

images

Top Bottom