• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We were busy today, but not as busy as I expected we'd be, and NOTHING like we were after Election Day 4 years ago. However, I expect we will have a REALLY good weekend. :)

In talking with our distributors today, it is fairly clear that items that would be likely prospects for a future ban (semi-auto military style rifles, parts/receivers for same, and magazines) will get harder to come by and/or more expensive in the near term. One distributor had 97,000 PMAGs in inventory this morning; by the time our rep called me this afternoon, they were down to 51 (as in 50 +1). I have done some additional ordering in anticipation of increased demand, but I refused to do business with any distributors whose prices were any higher than they were on the same items last week.

Hopefully any price-gouging and panic buying that occurs will be minimal and short-lived.

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    We were busy today, but not as busy as I expected we'd be, and NOTHING like we were after Election Day 4 years ago. However, I expect we will have a REALLY good weekend. :)

In talking with our distributors today, it is fairly clear that items that would be likely prospects for a future ban (semi-auto military style rifles, parts/receivers for same, and magazines) will get harder to come by and/or more expensive in the near term. One distributor had 97,000 PMAGs in inventory this morning; by the time our rep called me this afternoon, they were down to 51 (as in 50 +1). I have done some additional ordering in anticipation of increased demand, but I refused to do business with any distributors whose prices were any higher than they were on the same items last week.

Hopefully any price-gouging and panic buying that occurs will be minimal and short-lived.

wow ..... now thats what i call a clean out:toilet2::toilet2:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm not sure which is worse, the sheeple that blindly voted for OBummer or the sheeple that go out and panic buy everything. He's got a lot more important things to worry about right now than guns.

Doesn't mean that he's taking his off guns though. He's already repeated that he supports the UN small-arms treaty. Don't forget that he's shown his contempt for the rule of law where firearms are concerned. He's issued an exec order to register rifles in S. border states--Never mind what congress said; and then there's operation "fast and assinine". He'll do anything, the only question is when.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Prices at the gunshow today were normal, so that's a good sign.

Everyone and their brother seems to be out of large pistol primers though.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    He has enough czars and minions to delegate all those issues to. It'll be an avalanche of outrages even worse than 2009, and nobody will be able to catch up to one before the next one piles on. It'll be "I want to do this, that, and the other, now you guys go make it happen", and everything like the XOs released on Friday afternoons so nobody notices. I'm afraid it may well not get better; buy what you need where you can find it, as you can afford it.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Entry level AK's are sold out everywhere online. I'm thinking WASR's and AMD-65s here. And what is in stock has already risen...:( Most entry level AKs are now +$600 (thats if they are in stock).

The unconverted Saiga 7.62x39 is the cheapest deal now at $460, before shipping or fees.

Russian Saiga AK 47 Rifle IZ 132 SALE

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I was in Wal-Mart today looking for bulk .22 rounds. I bought the last 555 count box they had. The clerk said 2 days ago there were 32 boxes on the shelf. This was in Greenville, Ohio.

Expat-Trav

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    North Indiana
    In the Reuters post it clearly states...

"U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports."

I don't see a problem with that.

Top Bottom