• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    What a choice Koren pie-in-the-sky rifles of unknown quality, or good solid M1 rifles that have been checked out by experts. HUMM time for a trip to the CMP North Store. Great guns great service and they still have a good selection.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    I will be buying one if this is the case, time to sell the bold bolt action 30.06 and reinvest in a garand. All that surplus ammo I bOught 10 years ago will come in handy.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I know I missed the boat on CMP Garands years ago when a service grade was $400. If these korean M1's show up around that price regardless of condition I'll buy one. If they come in cheap enough, I'll buy two.

It's ok to love the AR-15 and Garand at the same time. They each have their time and place. The 30-06 AP ammo brings a little something else to the party though.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I know I missed the boat on CMP Garands years ago when a service grade was $400. If these korean M1's show up around that price regardless of condition I'll buy one. If they come in cheap enough, I'll buy two.

It's ok to love the AR-15 and Garand at the same time. They each have their time and place. The 30-06 AP ammo brings a little something else to the party though.

30-06 AP ammo through 1.25" of steel. Point still sharp.

picture.php

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    30-06 AP ammo through 1.25" of steel. Point still sharp.

picture.php

There's always going to be something to be said for a quality semiauto 30-06. I don't even know where you can buy that ammo, but if I'm not mistaken it should be able to be fired out of any modern 30-06 as well correct?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    There's always going to be something to be said for a quality semiauto 30-06. I don't even know where you can buy that ammo, but if I'm not mistaken it should be able to be fired out of any modern 30-06 as well correct?

Yes correct. That one was shot from my 1903A3. You can find this old ammo on gunbroker sometimes, individuals selling sometimes on the CMP forum an someone here on INGO was selling some in the ammo section a week or so ago...might still be there.....I got mine when CMP was selling it an it all sold out in less than 48 hours....64.00 for around 200 rds in en-blocs in sealed cans. Wish I had bought more, but the Fed Ex guy was glad I didn't...looked like a armory on my front porch when he left...lol.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I have a Garand from Korea that I bought 15 years ago. I got lucky and all of the serial numbers match. I bought it for 100.00. Shoots great. Still has the Korean sling. I re-finished the wood in a low gloss. I couldn't guess what's it worth now.

Probably 5 to 600 bucks.

Try double what denny's guess is.....:twocents:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

So you think a import stamped Korean M1 is worth double than what you can get a service grade from CMP? I see no logic in this.

lrahm, the only serial # on a M1 is on the heal of the receiver, There are drawing numbers on the op rod, trigger group(and parts) , barrel etc.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Since I only paid 100.00 for it...anyway it goes, good for me.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    So you think a import stamped Korean M1 is worth double than what you can get a service grade from CMP? I see no logic in this.

lrahm, the only serial # on a M1 is on the heal of the receiver, There are drawing numbers on the op rod, trigger group(and parts) , barrel etc.

I will take a look. It's not hurting.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    lrahm, my post to you was more a FYI. There are books (maybe web sites) that will tell you for XXXX serial # the op rod should be XXX and so on.
    I think you got a hell of a deal on the M1 for $100. I have an Arlington Ord. M1 (import) that I've had for years and there's not a thing wrong with it. I also have a CMP field grade.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    lrahm, my post to you was more a FYI. There are books (maybe web sites) that will tell you for XXXX serial # the op rod should be XXX and so on.
    I think you got a hell of a deal on the M1 for $100. I have an Arlington Ord. M1 (import) that I've had for years and there's not a thing wrong with it. I also have a CMP field grade.

No problem. I guy that I bought mine from had about 20 Garands 10 carbines. I was first there and I was pleased with what I got. I'll get the serial number and take a look.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

Springfield 4292831

Top Bottom