• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Wow, "my politician doesn't do what I like so I make them aware of my beliefs. When my politician then does what I like, I still don't appreciate it because its just posturing".

Sometimes, politicians get a slanted view from lobbyists then correct mistakes. Sounds like they would get more votes by just sticking with the original mistake. At least that way, they would get votes from one side.

You're correct, that does happen sometimes. The fact is, however, the refusal of permission to import came from the Sec. State, that being Hillary Clinton. She's no longer a politician; she answers only to Barry Hussein. She's as committed an anti-gunner as there is. All of a sudden, she's willing to allow the rifles she denied before, but still refuses on the M1 Carbines?

All of this leads me to the inescapable conclusion that this is posturing.

Blessings,
    Bill

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    You're correct, that does happen sometimes. The fact is, however, the refusal of permission to import came from the Sec. State, that being Hillary Clinton. She's no longer a politician; she answers only to Barry Hussein. She's as committed an anti-gunner as there is. All of a sudden, she's willing to allow the rifles she denied before, but still refuses on the M1 Carbines?

Blessings,
    Bill

Couldn't agree more. Someone somewhere is trying to benifit from this reversal, and we know who her boss is

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I have a Garand from Korea that I bought 15 years ago. I got lucky and all of the serial numbers match. I bought it for 100.00. Shoots great. Still has the Korean sling. I re-finished the wood in a low gloss. I couldn't guess what's it worth now.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have a Garand from Korea that I bought 15 years ago. I got lucky and all of the serial numbers match. I bought it for 100.00. Shoots great. Still has the Korean sling. I re-finished the wood in a low gloss. I couldn't guess what's it worth now.
    Probably 5 to 600 bucks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Blessings,
    Bill

Hmmmm so +1 Barry? :D

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I would not be surprised to see the importers meet, or go just a shade under the CMP prices. They will surely get that price and the company will be all about making the money.
    I would like to get my hands on a few.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So...

...50 years ago the US Government 'loaned' about a million M1 Garand rifles to Korea to aid in defense-building. The US did the same thing for several European countries. (Italy even built a BEAUTIFUL magazine-fed, select fire variant called the BM59 from some of theirs). IIRC there were others (Maybe Greece, Japan...I could be wrong). Some of those rifles were returned, many appear to have been de-milled, others remain in storage...

But are these rifles not still US property?

How does Korea get to Sell things to us that were originally borrowed from us?

Do I have this wrong?

-Paul

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Aw c'mon guys, don't be so hard on the AR's. . .my GF thinks they're. . . . . .cute!!:laugh: She and her sister both think they're great girl guns!!:n00b:

They don't make very good war clubs when they run out of ammo. :): Batter up with my AK and Mosin.

MMMM...I want some Garand goodness.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Reposted from Jouster.com

I REALLY wish that some folks would come to grips with the FACT that Korea BOUGHT(as in paid MONEY) for the Garands and Carbines and can do with them what they want.You see THEY OWN THEM!! No returns,NO CMP,NO US ARMY,you pay for them and they are YOUR'S to collect,shoot,break down for parts, whatever floats your boat !

Why some guys can't realize this baffles me. The CMP has NOTHING to say about these rifles nor does the US Army.IF the CMP were to offer to BUY the rifles and pay the going wholesale price they might be in the running.They won't so PUHLEEZE realize this and stop with the CMP this,CMP that with regard to the Korean "CANNED" M1's of both flavours as well as the "other" less delectable ones.Talking about"RETURNING" these rifles to the CMP or the US Army shows either a refusal to come to grips with REALITY or total non-comprehension of the actual status of these rifles.THE KOREANS OWN THEM!! They can do what they WANT with them !NO CMP NOTHING !!

It was your's truly who took the photos of the Canned Garands and Carbines back in the late 1990's and Jeff"BODYMAN" Carstens who cropped out the Korean Army Officers and NCO's who were standing around the pallets with the drums on them.I am useless with anything pertaining to photos etc you see.Jeff is a wizard !

I also have close on 100 M1's and my safe is full to bursting.Many of you saw the Danish Navy as new rebuilds.THEY WERE "CANNED "GARANDS that had been "de-canned" had that little anchor and property number pantograph engraved on the rear sight covers and the were racked in some Danish Navy Ordnance/Supply Depot until they had their bolts removed and were REPACKED and shipped to either Vancouver,CANADA or a few to the CMP.

ALL this pie in the sky conjecture vis a vis the Korean Canned Goods and the CMP is just nonsense.So please realize this and if you MUST pressure your congresscritter to get real and allow US LICENCED IMPORTERS to buy them and import them.Then you will see prices DROPPING all on account of COMPETITION; something that the CMP doesn't have. ANOTHER thing to realize is that the "Kimchees" will NOT NOT NOT sell off the NICE ones first.You'll see the really DOGGIE ones (a favourite Korean entree too ) sold off FIRST and when they get down to the nice ones the price will be ASTRONOMICAL !!​

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ALL this pie in the sky conjecture vis a vis the Korean Canned Goods and the CMP is just nonsense.So please realize this and if you MUST pressure your congresscritter to get real and allow US LICENCED IMPORTERS to buy them and import them.Then you will see prices DROPPING all on account of COMPETITION; something that the CMP doesn't have. ANOTHER thing to realize is that the "Kimchees" will NOT NOT NOT sell off the NICE ones first.You'll see the really DOGGIE ones (a favourite Korean entree too ) sold off FIRST and when they get down to the nice ones the price will be ASTRONOMICAL !!

Finally, a gun nut that understands the gun business.:D

Form 6s for everyone!

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Heck, I will just be happy to pick up a couple of parts Garands, if nothing else. I like finding mixmasters and swapping parts around trying to get the same name on each rifle.

Top Bottom