• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    M1's used by the Koreans are notorious for not being in the best of condition. Or at least all of the Korean imports I have seen haven't been in very good shape.

Lets hope they sell a boatload of 3006 surplus, too. At dirt cheap prices.

Also, if these were given to Korea under the lend-lease program, shouldn't they simply be returned to the US Army and then transferred to the CMP? I don't see how Korea can sell these back to us.

Exactly what I was thinking...

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    this is awesome.... way better than south korea selling the arms we gave them in aid to some third world country to be used AGAINST us at a later date... plus these rifles will go back into the hands they deserve to be in.

And about a million times better than just dumping them in the ocean as Great Britain did. :xmad:

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    sub $500 prices are the norm from CMP, of course there are much more expensive copies that command a better price. I was impressed with even the "field grade" M1. The CMP program is great to deal with, better than trying to score one online or at a show.

M1 Garand Sales

To the folks that think that is somehow unfair for the ROK to sell these M1, dont forget they have sent their soldiers into the US's Vietnam, Gulf, Iraq, and Afghan wars in many levels of support. I dont know of any other true ally that can claim this. PLus they maintain/support major US bases as a strategic advantage in the pacific region. 100million is a drop in the bucket compared to the billions paid to US military contracts.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I would really like to see these sold through the CMP. If they're not, however, I can still live with that. The people that don't want to go through the CMP requirements will buy these rifles and that will leave more CMP M1s for me.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    As for them going to the CMP, I think it depends on if the rifles were loaned, given or sold to the Koreans. If they were loaned they would go back to the CMP. Thats where the Greek rifles came from. I think if they were sold to Korea then they can sell them on the US market. The Korean Imports from years ago did NOT go thru the CMP. There has been a bunch of M1 carbines imported by Century in the last year or two that didnt thru the CMP.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I will be looking out for them. I don't own either M1 or carbine yet, this may be the right time to jump in, so let's just hope the prices will be low.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    can i purchase at the port clinton, ohio if i am a cmp member? i am an indiana resident.

I would hazard to guess that you could. I bought a Garand from the CMP several years ago. No one was home upon delivery - UPS left it in a box on my front steps. :cool:

ol' poke.

Top Bottom