• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Brown dropped this one off the other day.

Large StarBenza.

001.jpg

002.jpg

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    This was my Dads knife until he gave it to me this past Christmas. I'm still a little shocked he gave it to me, it's a Case Buffalo three dot.

I used to sit and watch him work with leather, now my kids sit and watch me, I hope they enjoy it as much as I did.

f9069fe9.jpg

1cbd41b2.jpg

c636f690.jpg

c227b176.jpg

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    dang stony! I handled some at a shop in Florida and preferred the zaan handle but the sebenza blade... what is your impression?

My current Busses'
    BussePhotocontest1.jpg

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ok, we now have a knife forum, so we need the obligatory "Show us your knives!" thread.

I bought a couple knives the other day knowing I would never use them. Back in '60 or '61 I saved all my money and bought my Dad a Boker 4-blade pocket knife. He carried that for 30 years and loved that knife. He sharpened it so many times that the blades looked like needles. He kept telling me about the German steel and how good it was. Alzheimer's set in and he eventually misplaced that knife. Mom and I looked all over for that knife after Dad passed away, but we never found it. I had a local dealer order one just like I had given to Dad.

After we ordered the Boker, I was looking around and saw some Rapid River drop point hunters in his display case. A buddy and I hunted and fished for 25 years up in the UP of Michigan. A friend of ours lived in Escanaba and worked near the Marble Knife Company. We used to hunt bear and bobcat up around Bark River, Rapid RIver and out on the Stonington Peninsula. Some of the fellows that worked at Marble started up Rapid River Knives and I picked one up just to remember those hunting and fishing trips we used to make. My buddy passed away about 10 years ago, but the knife seems to keep the memories alive.

Nothing fancy and nothing collectable, but they mean something to me.

newknife.jpg

Top Bottom