• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not wanting to lose tactical advantage could also be called "scared" but then I guess many of the great icons in the gun world are also cowards (include Mas Ayoob in there). And not wanting to make your life into the spokesperson for the gun world could also be "fear" but I would call it normal.

Thanks for the butter! Now where's the salt?? :D

I wouldn't dare call anyone a coward for not wanting to OC. Being a coward would be not carrying at all. But You can't say that anyone who carrys let alone OC's hasn't been scared to do just that at least when they first start. I was apprehinsive to say the least. But now I feel naked when my pants sag because there's no IWB holster there. Believe me, I wouldn't call anyone a coward unless they were one. Maybe you have tactical advantage, maybe you don't. Only the situation will dictate advantage. Tactical or otherwise. Just because you CC doesn't mean that the BG doesn't know you and know that you carry. The BG could be your neighbor or old exfriend, or even your exgirlfriend's new BF and just doesn't like you. My point is do what you want, but don't hate on OCing because you THINK it puts you at a disadvantage. It gives you advantages too. And it educates the uneducated. And as Promethus said, more than likely, the BG just might choose an easier target and you may still get the chance to stop him. :dunno:

Don't Hate! Love the Gun! LOL :popcorn2::patriot:

Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Columbus
    Like i have stated, I just prefer to cc my weapon. One reason being, i am 19 years old, and when i go to hang out with my friends and things, we all laugh and cut up out in public and sometimes people look. Just don't think it is wise on my part to open carry in a situation like this, me personally anyway. To each there own. I have debated on open carry, but with cc, i don't really have to worry about anyone looking at me weird and asking questions.

Top Bottom