• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a Kimber CDP II pro. The only problem I have ever had with it is if I install the spring guide 180 from the way it works then I cannot chamber a round. Other than that, I have never had a problem with it. I got it for such a good price and it is one of the prettiest guns I have seen so am not willing to part with it.

kimber2px3.jpg

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have a Kimber CDP II pro. The only problem I have ever had with it is if I install the spring guide 180 from the way it works then I cannot chamber a round. Other than that, I have never had a problem with it. I got it for such a good price and it is one of the prettiest guns I have seen so am not willing to part with it.

kimber2px3.jpg

That is a pretty pistol. The only thing that would make it prettier is if it had a square sided slide and a polymer frame. :lmfao:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Both Kimbers I've owned have been great. My most commonly carried gun is a Kimber Compact and it has had fewer issues than my Glock 19. If you count throwing brass into your face, then the Kimber has been better than both of my Glock 19s. Are the over priced? After thinking about it some, I don't think they are. I paid around $850 for my stainless compact over an aluminum frame and while the gun did not come with night sights or any type of front strap checkering, it is in the ball park for other aluminum framed 1911s.

They are not the best guns out there, but they are far from the worst too. Nobody makes all perfect guns. If you want a manufacturer to go overboard in trying to make the perfect gun, you pay for a Wilson Combat, Ed Brown or other high end guns. But, for a production level gun, a Kimber is not a bad choice.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Mr. churchmouse to the thread please, churchmouse to the thread.

(I'll just sit here and wait for his "Springers are better" comments) :popcorn:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No dog in this fight. Run what you like.
    Had a few Kimbers. They were OK but as mentioned already, you can do better for the money. I just was never to impressed for the price point.
    They are some "Pretty" guns. Pretty ain't everything.
    JMHO

Yeah, I like Springers.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Like most handguns, with rare exception they're more accurate than the person holding it.

It'd be funny how often folks blame user error on the firearm, IF it didn't happen so often.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I guess it is all a matter of opinion and/or experience. My Kimber is reliable, and is the most accurate gun I own. If someone told me I could only keep one of my guns, it would be the Kimber.

I have to agree with this 100%! I currently have a Ultra CDP II and it is by far the best handgun I have ever owned. :yesway:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If someone told me I could only keep one of my guns, it would be the Kimber.

I have to agree with this 100%! I currently have a Ultra CDP II and it is by far the best handgun I have ever owned. :yesway:
    If I could only keep one of my Kimbers, it'd be the CDP compact (Ultra frame, Pro barrel). It's been my favorite edc by far.
    Now if I could only keep one 1911...not sure if it'd be the Kimber. Hmm....I'd have to think about that!

lawnpros

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Greenwood
    Kimber custom shop 45, prrrrfect. Shoot 17's with trigger upgrades. The glock can be thrown around and abused. I just can't bring myself to do that with a 12oo piece of stainless and rosewood.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For the money I would say there are better offerings such as a Springer TRP. It may not be as pretty but it will run/group better than a Kimber. At least the ones I have owned.
    Again, they are very handsome guns. Just over priced IMHO. All of mine were Custom shop pieces.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Both of mine were entry level and really did not seem over priced for what they were. They were not the best deals out there though either. The Sig 1911s seem to have a pretty decent bang for the buck given that they come with lots of checkering, extended doodads and night sights. We are so lucky to live in a time when we can find a 1911 design that works with us out of a field of thousands to choose from. It's a good time to be a 1911 guy (or gal)... ((or monkey)).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Both of mine were entry level and really did not seem over priced for what they were. They were not the best deals out there though either. The Sig 1911s seem to have a pretty decent bang for the buck given that they come with lots of checkering, extended doodads and night sights. We are so lucky to live in a time when we can find a 1911 design that works with us out of a field of thousands to choose from. It's a good time to be a 1911 guy (or gal)... ((or monkey)).

I have only owned Custom shop pieces from Kimber. My opinions/experiences revolve around those guns. They (except the CDP) cycled and were accurate enough but not for the price point.
    TRP and trophy match were far better guns and my RO's grouped so much better but fell short on the bling.....:)

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    :rolleyes:

High'ly OVER-rated........an' GROSSLY over-priced.........:twocents:

better stuff out'ere fer the $$.............

Just like a Harley! :)::):

but seriously... I have had 3 over the years...no issues. All full size Govt models though...1911's start getting finicky when you go to the Commander size. And are a pita when you go to Officers size. Thought that was pretty common knowledge....

Last edited:

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    My Glocks win by a nose in reliability. Kimber wins by several lengths in accuracy.

I love to shoot the Kimbers, I shoot the Glocks because that's what I carry. Not that the Kimbers don't have acceptable reliability, but because a full size 1911 is dang heavy.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I have owned "a few" kimbers over the years. I have had great luck with them as I have with other brands also. Compare apples to apples gun to gun some are great some are ok and some are total crap. Cult followings always are dangerous. Just judge for yourself.

Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    New to the shooting hobby and have a couple Kimbers the Eclipse Custom 2 and the Ultra Rapter 2 both have just a few hundred rounds fired but have been really accurate with no problems. You can read some fairly negative feed back on the Kimbers and just wondering what to expect? In my opinion both were reasonably priced around 1,000 each and both are really nice looking. Whats the catch? Thanks

MIMber..... enough said. And please don't become an easily butthurt MIMber owner like those that populate most gun forums.

Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I have only owned Custom shop pieces from Kimber. My opinions/experiences revolve around those guns. They (except the CDP) cycled and were accurate enough but not for the price point.
    TRP and trophy match were far better guns and my RO's grouped so much better but fell short on the bling.....:)

So you paid even more for the custom shop roll mark. MIMber custom shop is where they put lipstick on the pig.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So you paid even more for the custom shop roll mark. MIMber custom shop is where they put lipstick on the pig.

Got them in trades. Did OK as I sold them to some folks who were into the pretty. I would "Never" pay the price point on a Kimber.
    I am fully aware of what is inside them thank you so very much for your comments.
    No MIM pieces in any of my 1911's.

Seems like you want to put some butt hurt out there. JMHO.

Top Bottom