• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Kia and Hyundai are brothers so to speak and share many components such as engine and transmissions. I have mixed feeling about ever buying another one. This may help.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am considering a Kia. I would appreciate opinions based on personal experience...good or bad.
    Thanks, in advance.
    Is it used? If yes, is it a 2015-2021? If yes, I see you live in Indy. Is IMPD still giving out The Club? If not, stop by an O'Reilly Auto Parts and get one from the impulse buy area.

If 2015-2021, is it a stick shift? That'll stop most millennial Kia Boyz.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My aunt, who had previously driven luxury brand SUVs, really liked hers. Depreciation seems pretty heavy, even on 'desirable' Kias like the Stinger.

Personally, not my thing. If it was I'd buy used.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Have a 2016 sonata, like mentioned above the engine and alot of other parts are stamped/marked both Hyundai and kia.

We just hit 100k on ours. Only problem we have has where the tpms sensors dying and valve cover gasket.

You do need to check the oil on them often if it has a gdi engine.

She has an 03 tiburon with 209k, if it wasn't as badly rusted as it is, i am confident it would go another 50k. It has been retired, wish she'd sell it.

From having everything from a chevy cavalier to pontiac sunfire, crown vic, f250, navigator, bmw 330 ci msport, m5, grand am.... i know i left a few oldsmobiles and others out.

It has held up better than most of my past cars minus the bmw's and maybe 2 oldsmobiles.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    We had one, never again. We had 182,000 miles on it. No one would work on it not even the dealer. Engines were unobtainable and unrepairable. The car was serviceable (useable) but the engine was trash. It was a 2013 CDI 1.6 L
    Buyer beware.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    We bought a used KIA 2012 Forte in 2015, we drove it for years, my son now drives it, and says when he gets out of college, he’s buying a new KIA. It’s too small for me, but he loves it, and it has been a great car. Decent mileage, for a 2.0 L it’s got loads of power. I never thought I’d like a foreign car, but this one has sold me..

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    We have (was wife's car) a 21 Kia Soul, bought new. Have 34K miles never a problem. I have received a number of requests giving me anywhere from 16 - 18k for it. Not a bad deal but I am not in the market.

Had a Kia Forte I traded for the Soul, good trade in made the deal.

New car warrantee is very good, extended can make it even better. I would not hesitate to get another.

BTW, my Soul is not included in the recall for the steering rod.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Within my family, a total of 4 different Kia Sedona mini vans were owned over various years. Easily 600,000 combined miles and we never had a single problem.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im on my third. I am happy. Economical, I've had minimal issues, and I'd buy a 4th.

Now understand I buy new because they typically have 0% interest (at least they did, and I have heard they are starting again) so it causes the payments to come out cheaper than a new-ish used car. And I drive it until it starts costing in repairs what a payment would be. I have noticed that my exit point is typically below 200k miles. So if you are like me and need a newer dependable car and rotate out they are great. If you are the type that drives it into the ground and expects 300k+ you might look other places like Honda.

And they are more than brothers. They are owned by Hyundai, and share a LOT of mechanical parts. I just finished a brake job on my Sorento and the calipers had both logos stamped on it. LOL

I'm convinced that if you took the same vehicle from both badges and stripped them down to the frame, you will likely find they are the same car down to the skeleton.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The 2025 Carnival is very tempting. I’ve been looking hard at this vehicle. Minivan utility with SUV looks strikes a chord with me. And the luxury and driver aid/safety features in the SX Prestige are out of this world. $50k isn’t out of line for a new vehicle and this one has it all:

(No, I don’t sell Kias, I just really like the Carnival.)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My daughters mother has one. She loves the car, but it sat for months waiting on repair parts during the scamdemic.
    Alot of vehicles sat around waiting for parts then. It's still hard to get parts for certain vehicles, at least from a transmission standpoint.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    On our 3rd. 99 Sephia (bare bones car that ran great), older Sedona (was ok), and now newer Sedona (been very happy with it). Wouldn't hesitate to look at another when the time comes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My only concern is all the dealers are either scammers or have incompetent service writers. Both Andy and Ray have tried to take advantage of me, and Napleton's service dept is a joke. (dont understand how appointments work, forget to take your car back to the guys to actually work on it, etc. )

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Alot of vehicles sat around waiting for parts then. It's still hard to get parts for certain vehicles, at least from a transmission standpoint.

Understood, but I couldn't help but think Ford Focus parts might have turned up quicker or even possibly found in the states with some searching?

:dunno:

Top Bottom