• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I also must have read BBIs reply wrong. Statement about Google, separated by a comma, then use Chrome etc. I read the after comma part as an alternative to the before comma part.

Nope, KLB got it right. A list of Google products.

If you want to be private, the best option in a VPN and an anonymizer service. Note most commerical VPNs will effectively include an anonymizer. Google (or whoever) never sees you who are. You request info from the AN, the AN requests the info from Google then returns the results to you, Google only sees the AN. The AN is supposedly your buddy who can keep a secret. A good one will be an amnesiac buddy who lives abroad. Note you will pay for this. None of these things are charities, if you aren't paying in money you are paying in data or attention (aka ad watching).

This will keep your search and browsing history confidential. It sort of makes the roadways private. It will not make your shopping cart private if you have to have an account, of course. It will *only* affect browsing data, none of the data a cell phone collects and reports. You can't hide your location if you want your cell phone to work and the cell companies *all* keep location data for at least months.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nope, KLB got it right. A list of Google products.

If you want to be private, the best option in a VPN and an anonymizer service. Note most commerical VPNs will effectively include an anonymizer. Google (or whoever) never sees you who are. You request info from the AN, the AN requests the info from Google then returns the results to you, Google only sees the AN. The AN is supposedly your buddy who can keep a secret. A good one will be an amnesiac buddy who lives abroad. Note you will pay for this. None of these things are charities, if you aren't paying in money you are paying in data or attention (aka ad watching).

This will keep your search and browsing history confidential. It sort of makes the roadways private. It will not make your shopping cart private if you have to have an account, of course. It will *only* affect browsing data, none of the data a cell phone collects and reports. You can't hide your location if you want your cell phone to work and the cell companies *all* keep location data for at least months.
    And use a browser other than Chrome or Edge(Microsoft is no better).

There are a number of browsers out there that are better for privacy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On your phone go to Settings: Accounts

It should show your Google account there.
    Found it, but didn't need it. I went to your link (on my laptop) and it already knew me and had me signed in. No activities showing from my phone, which isn't really surprising I guess. Showed my youtube and Google history and a couple of other videos (Memology 101, something from Forbes, etc..). Most of the stuff were things I'd clicked on here in INGO, except for the Google and some of the youtube stuff.

Top Bottom