• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I always carry at Kerasotes in Muncie. Never had a problem and I've never seen a sign. I will look, but I will still carry until I get asked not to.
    Then I will make a point about not coming back and informing everyone I know of their "Helpless Victim Zone".

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Which theater? Iv never seen it posted at either of the SB locations, or the Michigan City location. Maybe I missed them repeatedly?

I CC at their theaters every time I go to the movies. If you CC how will they ever know?

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I always carry at Kerasotes in Muncie. Never had a problem and I've never seen a sign. I will look, but I will still carry until I get asked not to.
    Then I will make a point about not coming back and informing everyone I know of their "Helpless Victim Zone".

I OC in the Muncie theaters all the time. Never had a problem. There is usually a leo working security on the weekends too.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I CC at their theaters every time I go to the movies. If you CC how will they ever know?

They won't know. However, if they have a pro criminal, anti-law abiding citizen policy I wouldn't even go into their business since they obviously don't care about my right (and duty) to protect myself.

Even if I don't feel I need to carry everywhere I go (I still do), I don't want to visit a place where they don't want me to have the option.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I went to see Inglourious Bastards at GKC Encore Cinema in Elkhart on Friday night. I saw no signs indicating that I could not carry, so I continued on in with my M&P40 full size in an IWB holster with an untucked shirt.

It is a boring 2nd amendment story, but a very good movie.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    one in BroadRipple is posted also.
    Whoops I must have just remembered. it was posted. BTW Hangover/ Inglorious Basterds were both good!

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Oh snap.

Are kerasotes has no signs posted regarding firearms. But I am glad I know this now.... I have carried there countless times. :):

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The Showplace 16 in South Bend has a sign posted on the cement pillar just as you get to the ticket counter that states some rules, one of those being that guns are prohibited. I go to the theater there about 3 times a month and only noticed the sign in the past couple months. I thought the no gun restriction was just this theater in South Bend because we had a shooting in the theater one night (maybe a year ago now?). Even more of a reason to carry if ya ask me.

Roughly 2 years ago I was asked to take my pocket knife (kershaw scallion that has like a 2" blade, that I had slipped on to the pocket of my jeans) back to my car before entering the movie theater (same Kerasotes Showplace 16 as stated above) by the manger at the ticket counter. I asked him why and he said weapons were not allowed. I debated with him briefly about it, but in the end complied. Jokes on him cause I was CC'ing at the time too and he was none the wiser and I still continue to CC to this day.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    We are of the opinion that the establishment would be safer when citizens are allowed to carry, on this we all agree. But, while the posted sign isn't law, it IS the right of the owner to make such rules for the customers. Yes, I agree it is not in his best interest, but it is his right.

I believe this principle applies to any private property, just the same as an owner should have the right to allow smoking in his bar or restaurant, etc. (Fort Wayne recently passed legislation banning smoking in bars within city limits. Stupid, we know. We're working on fixing it.)

Ah the same way businesses kept African Americans out in the early to mid 1900s awesome.:bs:

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Ah the same way businesses kept African Americans out in the early to mid 1900s awesome.:bs:

Private property owners should be able to ask anyone to leave their property or refuse anyone business. If someone was refusing business to others based on the color of the customers skin, that business would be boycotted and would perish almost immediately. Gun owners can do similar things.

Top Bottom