• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    It was posted on the middle cement pole as you walk in. A large framed poster with all the rules. It's around the middle of the poster. Saw it with my own eyes.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    You all should go to Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres and leave a comment about how their no gun policy is idiotic (it won't prevent anyone from robbing their stores) and that you won't visit their stores anymore.

If you want these policies to change you have to speak with your wallet. And actually do it. CCing and still paying them money is not going to make anyone change their NO WEAPONS policy.

If you really want to make statements, OC into an establishment and tell them you will never be back and will not spend your money there until their policy changes. The thing is, you really can't go back. Once enough gun owners do this, stores will change their policies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Which theater was it? If it's a corporate policy, it's going to change my letter. If it's just a branch manager's policy, I want to make sure that particular manager is addressed.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Kerasotes main website says nothing about a gun policy. The one I was in was Showplace 16 on the south side at 31 and 465.

I have been to this one too, and when I posted a comment on the website and told them I would no longer attend their theatre they called me back and we discussed it. I was told it is corporate policy, but I could have misunderstood.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Not law, but owner's right

I open carry and CC @ the two in terre haute almost every weekend. Is this a new policy? I have never seen it posted in TH. Sorry you had to leave your gun in his trunk thats kinda wrong seeing as their sign isnt a law :(

We are of the opinion that the establishment would be safer when citizens are allowed to carry, on this we all agree. But, while the posted sign isn't law, it IS the right of the owner to make such rules for the customers. Yes, I agree it is not in his best interest, but it is his right.

I believe this principle applies to any private property, just the same as an owner should have the right to allow smoking in his bar or restaurant, etc. (Fort Wayne recently passed legislation banning smoking in bars within city limits. Stupid, we know. We're working on fixing it.)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    All you have to do is wait for the movie to come out on DVD. Then watch it in the comfort of your own living room where you make the rules.:D

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Yes, I agree it is not in his best interest, but it is his right.

It is the store owners right. It is also my right to not give them my money, a right I hope all gun owners exercise.

Stop giving money to anti gun businesses.

Unfortunately this doesn't apply to the government. :xmad:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    You all should go to Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres and leave a comment about how their no gun policy is idiotic (it won't prevent anyone from robbing their stores) and that you won't visit their stores anymore.

If you want these policies to change you have to speak with your wallet. And actually do it. CCing and still paying them money is not going to make anyone change their NO WEAPONS policy.

If you really want to make statements, OC into an establishment and tell them you will never be back and will not spend your money there until their policy changes. The thing is, you really can't go back. Once enough gun owners do this, stores will change their policies.

It might be good to also point out Walmart and Cabela's corporate policies.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I am not sure, and would like to hear clarification, but I don't think that business can supersede state law, within the state. That is to say, that if we are given permission to CC within the state, by the state, then we can do so. However, if they ask you to leave... you have to leave as it is their property and you could be charged with trespassing. :) However, there are exemptions regarding certain types of buildings (such as government)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Seems like it ought to have to be posted CONSPICUOUSLY. An "eye chart" of rules posted in some entry way? I mean, who EVER reads that.

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    Just carry concealed. I would go to late movies on my days off when I worked third shift. I was coming out of the theater when two men one with a knife asked me for my wallet. I put my hand on the handle of my Glock and said I was armed. They backed a way and went their way. I called the Police to report the incident and the officers response was "why didin't you shoot them so we would not have to deal with them." They had just robbed a 70 year old woman prior. Also, they were responsible for a string of robberies in the area. They were finally caught. This happened at the old Northwest Movie theater in Muncie. This is the only time I had to reveal my firearm.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Kerasotes main website says nothing about a gun policy. The one I was in was Showplace 16 on the south side at 31 and 465.

that's where we always go too. I have never seen a sign about no guns. I believe you, they just haven't made it very noticeable is all.
    Well NOW were do we go to watch movies?!

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    that's where we always go too. I have never seen a sign about no guns. I believe you, they just haven't made it very noticeable is all.
    Well NOW were do we go to watch movies?!

Family video - On the couch. The popcorn is cheaper too.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Friday night (its now saturday morning as i write this) I was in the TH Keresotes and did not see a new firearms sign, nor did i see a sign with any regulations or rules at all posted.

Top Bottom