Keltec goes 5.7 in a pistol.......with P90 magazines!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Leaked picture of the next Keltec
    magazine/catalog has hit the net and this looks interesting.

n2kujpQ.jpg

Nothing is official but man, it looks cool. Search Keltec P50 for other forum discussions.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh man. That is kinda cool. :D

Keltec has really been indulging form factor engineering with their new designs.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Looks very interesting. I bet Franklin Armory is engineering a binary trigger as we speak. That combination would be extremely interesting.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    But without the banned SS192 ammo isn't 5.7 basically a more expensive and harder to find .22 magnum ballistically speaking?

I think I remember hearing that a 22 mag out of a rifle vs a 5.7 from a pistol is close. But search YouTube for 5.7 vs 22 mag and there are a bunch of recent videos.

[video=youtube_share;P8s_Ck1Cw-8]http://youtu.be/P8s_Ck1Cw-8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;XmhmtJvLZQU]http://youtu.be/XmhmtJvLZQU[/video]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been a big fan of the 5.7x28 for a long time. Like all ammo prices lately the 5.7x28 is not immune to "you got to be kidding me" prices. The last case I bought (2000 per FNH case) was a hair under $800, which back then was expensive but worth it to shoot a pistol holding 20 rounds with almost no recoil. The PS-90 takes shooting enjoyment to another level.

As for the effectiveness of the rounds our unconstitutional ATF allows us, I have never met a person willing to prove by example that the 5.7x28 is a poor choise. The argument is no different than the effectiveness of an 8 round .45 magazine in a 1911 versus 17 rounds from an M9/92FS. The nice thing about having more rounds is it allows you to have more misses.

Getting back to the point of this thread, the Keltec pistol and not an argument about the round, that is an interesting pistol, but wondering about it's center of balance and how easy mag changes are. Granted if you need more than 50 rounds you need back-up. :)

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ive seen quite a few AR variants on the market, just havnt built one yet. I probably wont build one if this comes out at a reasonable price. This looks pretty cool and something a little different with the fold down front grip and has a 50rnd mag.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ive seen quite a few AR variants on the market, just havnt built one yet. I probably wont build one if this comes out at a reasonable price. This looks pretty cool and something a little different with the fold down front grip and has a 50rnd mag.

I think the mag is a stock FN 5-n-7 20 rounder.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Been a big fan of the 5.7x28.

As for the effectiveness of the rounds our unconstitutional ATF allows us, I have never met a person willing to prove by example that the 5.7x28 is a poor choise. The argument is no different than the effectiveness of an 8 round .45 magazine in a 1911 versus 17 rounds from an M9/92FS.

I've been a big fan also. I had a FN 5.7 and tested it and it came up short. I found out the short 4.5" barrel didnt allow the velocity needed to be effective. Talked to a few ammo makers and firearm manufacturers and found out that a 7" or longer barrel would make my objective achievable. Thats what peaked my interest in building a AR 5.7. This one from Keltec looks to meet those prerec's.

Top Bottom