• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I cc a PF-9 and have for over 2 years. I have had zero problems. I fired 250 rounds the first week I had it to find the ammo it liked. It liked it all. I can't complain.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    I have a PF-9 that has about 300-400 rounds through it so far with no issues. I also have an SU-16 that I like. That said, they do seem to have some QC issues. To be honest, I am not familiar with their manufacturing facility but they seem to develop quite a few interesting designs that have promise and then have no capacity to produce them in any numbers. Add to that, the ones they do get to market sometimes have issues that have to be corrected in later revisions. The RFB, from all accounts has serious reliability issues, but the Sub 2000 seems to be a great design. (I know I am still looking for one) They are a mixed bag no doubt...

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I see a lot of bashing about keltec's. I own a PF9, P3at, and a P32. I have shot each one at least 300 to 500 rounds (all factory ammo, no reloads) and all 3 have functioned 100% perfect. Although, I will admit the P3AT and PF9 kind of rap my finger after 40 or 50 rounds. Very light gun with quite a bit of recoil. Maybe I was lucky (3 times), but mine all work.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I didnt want bash keltec, I really wanted the pf9 to work.

Perfect size and weight and good price. My biggest mistake
    was to buy a used 1 so I couldnt use the warrenty.

It had every failure listed, ftf, fte, mag dropping out.

I thought I solved it when I streched out the mag spring and
    got 1 full mag to fire properly. But then all the probs came back.

I really wanted it to work put but I gave up on it.

Jimmy

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    I have a P32 and P3AT... since "05... every time I go to the range I run a box or 2 of ammo through them. No problems. Haven't had to replace any parts. Even if I did... I could.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Jennings does not equal hi point. Hi points are cheap but they work and their company stands behind them and warranties all of their guns. Doesn't matter if you blow your gun up shooting the wrong caliber thru it or anything, they'll fix it for free, for life, for ANY owner, new or used, bought/sold/traded 10 times. If the 10th owner drops it into a bon fire and recovers it and sends the melted metal/plastic hunk into HI point, they'll fix it for free... That kind of service bumps Hi point up into a much higher realm of quality IMO.
    I was talking about quality of the handgun not customer service. Jennings and Hi-Point come up equally on that score. Having something repaired ten times in ten years lowers the score. Even if Doris Day is the other line. One can say you get what you pay for. But when it comes to the lowest price, poor quality isn't far behind.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I stay away from both. When speaking of quality and lifespan, Jennings and Hi-Point end up last. Then what? Diamondback, Kel Tec? For me, I never tasted that great Hi-Point service, because the guns sucked so much for me to find out. Sad but true.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Its hit a miss for me. Ive owned a few Kel-Tecs...
    The .32, .380 & PF9

I couldnt get the .380 to ever function right. The .32 & 9mm have always worked for me. I did have the opportunity last week to pick up the KSG-well I passed and the owner ended up picking it up for herself. Well 1st time they tried to load the the gun *BAM* spring broke and all the shells fell out!

Like I said...its been hit or miss!

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Well, after reading through this thread I can say two things; 1. My Keltecs all work just as advertised. And 2. If you think they are of low quality and have too short a service life......wait for it........don't buy one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Well, after reading through this thread I can say two things; 1. My Keltecs all work just as advertised. And 2. If you think they are of low quality and have too short a service life......wait for it........don't buy one.
    Precisely. However the PMR-30 and the Kel Tec Sub 2000 seem to be the real deal. My question was what else am I missing? Kel Tec appears to be changing it's image, or at least attempting to. I was trying to give them a chance. However, instead of getting an answer, I had to defend my opinion.

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've owned a Sub2k and now the PLR16 - I've had no issues with any of them and I'll probably be buying another one - I want a PMR 30 - My gun dealer says next to a Shield it's one of the most reguested guns people ask for

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My P32 has been carried IWB for years, using only the pocket clip. I have sweat all over it from mowing grass, and every so often strip it down to blow out the lint and apply some oil. Never had one issue with it, other than it doesn't digest Cor-Bon or Gold Dots. It disappears in a pocket, or IWB. I went to that from a Colt Mustang, for the ease of carry. If you don't mind the .32 caliber, it's a great hideout IMO. I also have a P11, bought used, had an issue with the assembly pin and was sent a new one from Kel-Tec. Done some mods to it, but the trigger is challenging for sure. I would love to try a Sub 2k, or a PMR 30 as well, but don't have the funds. Nothing else they have really interests me that much.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Precisely. However the PMR-30 and the Kel Tec Sub 2000 seem to be the real deal. My question was what else am I missing? Kel Tec appears to be changing it's image, or at least attempting to. I was trying to give them a chance. However, instead of getting an answer, I had to defend my opinion.

Since your question is 'what else am I missing?', apparently you are missing the whole line since the PF-9 and P3AT are enough of the "real deal" that Ruger copied them. Do you own or have you ever shot any of the Keltec stuff? Don't believe everything you read on the interwebz...

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have a PF9 waiting to go back to them as soon as the holidays pass. It has less than 200 rounds and it has a dead trigger. Once I get it back and verify that it fires, I'm putting it in the classifieds... I'll wait on the XDs 9 to be released... ;)

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Waiting to see when they will release the RMR-30 rifle that uses the PMR-30 magzine. The rifle is a 16 inch barrel with a folding stock and last I heard, may be coming out around christmas. Been waiting for two years for the release of the rifle.

I'm with you there, I've got the PMR-30 and it's been super (sucks up Hornady 30 grain V Max like it's candy) Can't wait to pair them up

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom