• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Well, that video does it for me. I don't know who this guy is, but judging by his dress and constant hooker jokes, he is clearly a professional and the expert I need to take my gun purchase advice from for any future purchases. I now see that I have been wrong and the fact that every Kel-tec I have and have had, all of which have been flawless without the "fluff and buff", are trash and are complete anomalies. Three new guns of six broken on the first day at a range by this guy? I'm gonna have to call BS on that without actually seeing it. Anyone can claim something...

Ever see any threads about 1911's with problems? Heck I even press on with my Gen 4 Glocks even when a certain other Glock forum has thread after thread that claims them to be problem-riddled junk.

I'm not a Kel-tec "fanboy" as I'm sure at some point I'll be called. I just know that some of us who actually own some of these guns have found them to be exactly as advertised.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    PF9 slide cracks, Sub2000 slam fires, P3AT feeding extraction, and trigger issues, Sub2000 magwell splits (Glock version)

Can we agree that quality control is spotty with Keltec? Appears some are GTG, use it hard and find out if yours is.

The ones I have used have not been. It became too much work, sold them and moved.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    Sub2K, accepts the magazines you buy it to accept. Mine is S&W59's, others are Glock, Beretta, Sig.....and Ruger mags with slight mod. It is not a sniper's choice, but really handy to have piece of mind and mag/cartridge commonality with your sidearm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Why pay more for the copycat rugers when the original works great?

Better build quality, better quality assurance, and minor improvements with very little increase in cost.

As far as the mousegun varieties offered by both, I would not consider either to work "great" - just priced low enough that anyone can own one, small enough to carry every day, and hopefully good enough to get the job done when you need it.

The combination of affordability and size will make them continue to be popular - but anyone that is willing to spend more can obtain a more reliable firearm. Not everyone can, or chooses to - and any gun is better than no gun at all.

^^ The above is aimed at the P3AT/LCP & PF9/LC9 varieties - my experience with the subs and shotguns is too limited to criticize them harshly.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    I have a Kel Tec PF9. I use it as my daily carry gun on an ankle holster! I have heard people having issues with theirs but I hav'nt had a problem with mine! Light weight and accurate at 7-10yrds. Deffinately not a range gun though. After about 30 rds or so my hand starts to hurt. Not bad for a $250 Gun! :)

Top Bottom