• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So I bought an almost new Kel Tec P3AT .380 on this forum. My first hundred rounds through it produced more than twenty malfunctions. After research, I put it through a "Fluff and Buff" which mainly consisted of taking 400 and 600 grit sandpaper to all the surfaces that rubbed on one another. After completion of this treatment, I ran 150 rounds (I would have run more, but .380 is difficult to find these days) through it with no problems at all. It's a different gun.

Just thought I'd share.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Fluff and buff. Before owning a kel tec, I thought that was something that happened in movies at asian massage joints.

F&B is just a little "getting to know you" time with your new kel tec. That P3AT should serve you well now.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Many of the slide based issues can be solved by manually racking the slide 100-200 times. Then cleaning it. This is cheaper than racking the slide with ammo. Then all that might be needed is polishing the feed ramp. I never had to on mine and it has run with everything I've put in it.

wtrownsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    There is a site out there, I believe its "goldenloki.com" that details the process of fluffing and buffing the Kel-Tec. Mostly it consists of just what you've done - smoothing out the sliding surfaces.

wtrownsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    There is a site out there, I believe its "goldenloki.com" that details the process of fluffing and buffing the Kel-Tec. Mostly it consists of just what you've done - smoothing out the sliding surfaces.
    Disregard this - I just checked goldenloki.com - they have changed their web site and just want to sell gunsmithing services now

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Here's the best procedure I've found for getting a Kel-Tec to run reliably...

1) jack up the front sight

2) run a Glock under it

:):

J/K, y'all. I've owned 3 Kel-Tecs, and none of them required any "massaging" to run well. Now if they could just do something about the parts breakage issues...

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Here's the best procedure I've found for getting a Kel-Tec to run reliably...

1) jack up the front sight

2) run a Glock under it

:):

J/K, y'all. I've owned 3 Kel-Tecs, and none of them required any "massaging" to run well. Now if they could just do something about the parts breakage issues...

The only problem is that I would need to wear pants that were only cool in the 80's to use that new gun with Pocket Carry. :D

Top Bottom