• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Seemed like a good time to dust off this thread.

Nothings says please keep the noise down like shooting into a crowd.

INDIANAPOLIS — One woman is dead and three others wounded following a shootout between neighbors on Indy’s near northwest side.

Just before 9:30 p.m. Thursday, a Fourth of July celebration led to a dispute between neighbors that erupted into gunfire.

Cell phone video shared by a neighbor clearly shows a man standing at his front door firing the first shot into a crowd of people next door.

Those victims then returned fire, leading to a shootout that left one woman dead.

Is this in the Gaza Strip? This was a full-blown firefight.

Those neighbors shot back, shattering the glass on the suspect’s front door.

The suspect then went inside and allegedly continued to shoot out of a side window as his neighbors returned fire.

Police arrived, did nothing, left, dude immediately started shooting. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this group were acting like assholes, buuuut I guess I still approve of shooting back when some dude tries to bushwhack you out his kitchen window.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Seemed like a good time to dust off this thread.

Nothings says please keep the noise down like shooting into a crowd.

INDIANAPOLIS — One woman is dead and three others wounded following a shootout between neighbors on Indy’s near northwest side.

Just before 9:30 p.m. Thursday, a Fourth of July celebration led to a dispute between neighbors that erupted into gunfire.

Cell phone video shared by a neighbor clearly shows a man standing at his front door firing the first shot into a crowd of people next door.

Those victims then returned fire, leading to a shootout that left one woman dead.

Is this in the Gaza Strip? This was a full-blown firefight.

Those neighbors shot back, shattering the glass on the suspect’s front door.

The suspect then went inside and allegedly continued to shoot out of a side window as his neighbors returned fire.

Sure would be a shame if that loser had an overloaded powerstrip that caused a house fire.

But he shouldnt need it anymore because he should be in prison for murder for causing the death of his housemate. IANAL but it sounds like his criminal actions directly contributed to the death of another, so he should be held responsible for her death.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Mistrial declared for Indianapolis man accused of killing 6 members of his family​

I'd like to know the details. :xmad:
    From the article:

"Police asked him, 'Xavier, who shot you?' And while he lay in the hospital recovering from his wounds, he said, 'My brother, Raymond Ronald Lee Childs III,'" the prosecutor said.
    But the defense told the jury that Childs was not there, that two guns were used and the evidence points to two shooters.
    "We believe that the evidence will show that we are here today based on a misidentification and a misguided investigation," defense attorney Courtney Benson-Kooy said."

Saying that the younger brother misidentified his own brother? The defense is full of :poop:.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From the article:

"Police asked him, 'Xavier, who shot you?' And while he lay in the hospital recovering from his wounds, he said, 'My brother, Raymond Ronald Lee Childs III,'" the prosecutor said.
    But the defense told the jury that Childs was not there, that two guns were used and the evidence points to two shooters.
    "We believe that the evidence will show that we are here today based on a misidentification and a misguided investigation," defense attorney Courtney Benson-Kooy said."

Saying that the younger brother misidentified his own brother? The defense is full of :poop:.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull :poop:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    From the article:

Is there a collaborating alibi?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I read the recent article on a local news page and just assumed the verdict was fait accompli. One crime scene, one shooter, his own brother ID'd him, what's left to judge? Now it's a mistrial. Beyond that, I don't really remember the original crime. I would've thought a crime as large/significant/heinous would stick in my memory. That said, a mistrial does require a reason. Surely we'll hear the why.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I read the recent article on a local news page and just assumed the verdict was fait accompli. One crime scene, one shooter, his own brother ID'd him, what's left to judge? Now it's a mistrial. Beyond that, I don't really remember the original crime. I would've thought a crime as large/significant/heinous would stick in my memory. That said, a mistrial does require a reason. Surely we'll hear the why.
    I agree, we need to hear why. I mean, WTF does this even mean?

"The Marion County Prosecutor's Office confirmed this was declared after something that was said during witness testimony."

So, somebody said something. Are they not supposed to say anything during testimony?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I agree, we need to hear why. I mean, WTF does this even mean?

"The Marion County Prosecutor's Office confirmed this was declared after something that was said during witness testimony."

So, somebody said something. Are they not supposed to say anything during testimony?
    Yes. A witness on the stand looked at Child’s at the defense table and asked “why’d you do it Raymond?” Judge talked to the jury and then had to declare mistrial.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Yes. A witness on the stand looked at Child’s at the defense table and asked “why’d you do it Raymond?” Judge talked to the jury and then had to declare mistrial.
    Wow, emotions and all that, could be tough for a jury to disregard. But I thought judges routinely advised jurors to disregard statements. I'm for fair trials. I'm not sure the witness statement(s) rises to a mistrial. I mean, if that's all it takes to derail a trial, I guess I know my defense, should I ever decide to murder my entire family. A mistrial seems outrageous. I wonder if the state will try again??

Top Bottom