• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This just shows how important the November elections are! The Republicans need to continue the control in the Senate and the House. Vote!

It's a shame that elections have to have these kinds of consequences. The SCOTUS isn't supposed to be that powerful.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's still 5-4 ladies and gentlemen. I feel better about this 5, but it's still 5-4. Buzzi-Ginsburg takes a dirt nap and you can multiply this by 10.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ABC: "Represents a conservative shift in the Supreme court for decades"

What? He's another Kennedy. How is that "shifting" anything. Kavanaugh is a moderate. One could accurately describe a guy like Gorsuch as conservative, though not as conservative as the guy he replaced. But Kavanaugh is a more moderate choice than many of the other people that Trump could have nominated.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ABC: "Represents a conservative shift in the Supreme court for decades"

What? He's another Kennedy. How is that "shifting" anything. Kavanaugh is a moderate. One could accurately describe a guy like Gorsuch as conservative, though not as conservative as the guy he replaced. But Kavanaugh is a more moderate choice than many of the other people that Trump could have nominated.

Shhh!
    I like what they're saying.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Please let us not act like the left. I wish no ill to Judge Ginsberg. I believe I disagree with her on most points, but I do not hate her.

I am not the PC guy. There should be a little decorum.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And "shame on you!" apprently.

I had no idea it was open to the public.
    Galleries are open in the Senate and the house. I haven't been in that scene for a long time so I dont know if they still issue tickets (from senators and representatives offices) or if they just open it for first come first serve now. But if they still issue tickets then make no mistake those protestors in the gallery were set up by the Democrats and shame on them. They had equal time to state their case and yet once again they choose to hijack and obstruct our republic

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    It's a shame that elections have to have these kinds of consequences. The SCOTUS isn't supposed to be that powerful.
    Couldn’t agree more. A small and limited federal govt shouldnt have this much sway over our day to day lives. A small and powerful standing military and that’s about it. Dare to dream.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please let us not act like the left. I wish no ill to Judge Ginsberg. I believe I disagree with her on most points, but I do not hate her.

I am not the PC guy. There should be a little decorum.

I wish Ginsberg no ill will, but she's getting on. It's fine to discuss the inevitability of her departure. Listening to her words on the current political process for nominating judges, was spot on, but jeez. She can't possibly be all that involved in writing decisions even if she's dictating them. It would take all day for her to dictate a paragraph. I think it's a good guess that her staff writes and has a fairly heavy involvement in composition. Probably, she just approves and makes suggestions.

There should probably be an age limit.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Galleries are open in the Senate and the house. I haven't been in that scene for a long time so I dont know if they still issue tickets (from senators and representatives offices) or if they just open it for first come first serve now. But if they still issue tickets then make no mistake those protestors in the gallery were set up by the Democrats and shame on them. They had equal time to state their case and yet once again they choose to hijack and obstruct our republic

I'm not sure if it's covered under free speech or if you can get in trouble for yelling and distrurbing the votes from the gallery.

The protesters were probably just removed from the building.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not sure if it's covered under free speech or if you can get in trouble for yelling and distrurbing the votes from the gallery.

The protesters were probably just removed from the building.
    It is against the rules and the law. They are informed of the consequences before they enter the gallery. They will all be arrested and charged.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wanna go out to eat tonight and celebrate by eating a raw steak, so I can wear my MAGA hat
    Hell, I may even smack my wife on the ass.
    I'm DEFFINATELY drinking from a plastic straw and ordering a X-LARGE coke.
    And I'll be bringing my SON (boy) and my daughter (girl).
    Oh and I'm gonna use the MENS room

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I heard that 60 % of the protesters in Washington today are paid insurgents.

I wrote to Chuck Schumer to request an Senate Investigation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I wanna go out to eat tonight and celebrate by eating a raw steak, so I can wear my MAGA hat
    Hell, I may even smack my wife on the ass.
    I'm DEFFINATELY drinking from a plastic straw and ordering a X-LARGE coke.
    And I'll be bringing my SON (boy) and my daughter (girl).
    Oh and I'm gonna use the MENS room
    **** Yeah!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom