• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Attorney for Patrick J. Smyth says Smyth has fully cooperated with FBI investigation, indicated he has no knowledge of the party Dr. Ford described
    Nothing new here. Same thing the Senate investigation revealed. Next.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No new accusers yet because?
    The Democrats realize they overplayed their hand? And its backfired.
    Or they are waiting until Tuesday because Monday would have been too obvious? Must be killing them

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Attorney hired by Minnesota Democrats says the abuse claim levied against Rep. Keith Ellison is "unsubstantiated" because the accuser refuses to provide video she says she has of the incident.

But but but... Believe All Women... or something.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, from Yashar Ali:

tvkatesnow starts out her interview with Julie Swetnick with a heads up that the network hasn't been able to confirm details of her allegations and hasn't received names from her attorney of people who witnessed the alleged rape.

tvkatesnow also notes that details in their interview differ from the account Swetnick gave just last week.

Swetnick is making new allegations in this interview: that Kavanaugh was groping women, bumping into them intentionally, shifting their clothing.

Swetnick in her original statement last week said that she was aware of efforts by Kavanaugh/Judge to spike punch..now in this interview with @tvkatesnow she says they were near the punch bowls (not necessarily spiking it?) and that Kavanaugh was passing out red solo cups.

Swetnick says she contacted Montgomery County Police. The officer she mentioned is now deceased and the police say it could take up to a month to find a record of Swetnick's call etc.

Swetnick provided four names to @tvkatesnow of friends who would remember these alleged parties where gang rapes occurred...one of them said they don't remember a Julie Swetnick, another is deceased, and two others have yet to respond.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Show of hands for those who think Ford mischaracterized his drinking in HS/college? If seems people are coming out of the woodwork with stories of him being stumbling drunk on several occasions. Not to saying I think the acts were wrong... he's was doing what pretty much every popular student has done for eons.... but if he was telling false stories, or he's unforthcoming, that IMO goes to his credibility and fitness to be a USSC judge.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Show of hands for those who think Ford mischaracterized his drinking in HS/college? If seems people are coming out of the woodwork with stories of him being stumbling drunk on several occasions. Not to saying I think the acts were wrong... he's was doing what pretty much every popular student has done for eons.... but if he was telling false stories, or he's unforthcoming, that IMO goes to his credibility and fitness to be a USSC judge.
    You think Ford was being forthcoming when she said that she (and apparently everyone but Kavanaugh) just had "one beer" at this party, the location of which, nor the attendees of which she can remember? Don't care about Kavanaugh because if he fudged a little on how much he drank, he's not purposely destroying another person's career/life. He admitted he drank. He liked beer. Would you find him more believable if he said he liked Zima? ;)

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

they are telling stories not him.....end of story....:twocents:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I assume u mean kavanaugh not ford, just a typo?
    I think it's a long ass time ago and he may not remember how drunk he was on occasion. Possibly, but I also keep in mind the people making these claims also are going off of 30 almost 40 year old memories and were drunk too LOL.
    So what do I think? I think we are talking about a bunch of irrelevant BS and falling into a trap the Democrats created.
    Fords claims are completely false and I believe eventualy the real conspiracy will come out.
    Kavanaugh has already missed this session of scotus so the Democrats won there. He also will forever have this hanging over his head for Democrats to always bring up and if roe vs wade is overturned they will use it to try and have it reopened somehow. Also they will try to impeach him if they win in November but possibly any future chance they get too. Dont get the scotus ruling you want? Impeach the judge. More dirty demtricks. .
    This is all very calculated. They are willing to break laws and cheat to win. It's hard to beat a cheater if you are handing them everything without fighting back. Republicans need to fight back and right now they have the momentum to do it. People are pissed at the Democrats.
    Republicans need to confirm him. Investigate ford and the dirty dems. Oh AND why not go ahead and impeach justice Ginsburg after November to just because it's right and to further stick it to the dems. Now is the time of offense

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The dems need to also confirm him.
    If anything just to show some respect and try to regain some faith in their party.

:lmfao: Ya.. I know... :laugh:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

Maybe he mischaracterized it, maybe he didn’t, maybe if he did it was intentional, maybe if he did it wasn’t. I don’t know.

I do know that the entire line of drinking questioning is in regard to something far afield from his competence to sit on the Supreme Court and appears to be just more of the Gotchaa smear that has been ongoing in this debacle.

I know there have been more than a few times where I thought I was just delightful witty and charming while drinking. Strangely, some other “ Women’s Christian temperance and anti-fun league” types had a very different impression of how delightful witty and charming I was.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I know I've done **** while drinking when I was younger that I would never want to be judged by today if I was applying for a job. It never kept me from getting multiple security clearances that the FBI went back and actualy did interview my teachers and people from back then. That's how it works. I wasnt a criminal just like the judge isnt.
    If we are now judging adults based off of high school performance at partys then why do we even bother with college or job history? **** it, Let's start nominating high schoolers for scotus

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    pot.jpg

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Joe Donnelly sounds like he starting to rethink his vote on Kavanaugh. I called his DC office this afternoon at (202)224-4814 and talked to a real person by pressing 3. I told the young man that I will keep it short … simply a no vote from Joe against Kavanaugh is a definite no vote from me for Joe in November. I ask all of you to flood Joe's phone with calls on Kavanaugh. Tell you friends and relatives to do the same. These calls do help move politicians. It only took two women to change Flake's mind.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    You never saw trump on tv?

No, sir. We've been streaming (youtube, amazon, netflix, hulu) everything we want to watch since mid-2014.

Edit: I forgot. For the lawyers in the group, "I do not recall" seeing DJT before the election, and I use TV (colloquially?) to mean local or cable channels. We only pay one bill, for internet...

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am assuming that the FBI investigation for a seat on any high court, let alone SCOTUS would be at least as comprehensive as my SCI investigation.

They talked to every one of my references, elementary and high school teachers, work references, canvased my hometown, my church.

The one thing they ask everyone, is there anyone that you know of that Blue Falcon ever had problems with.

They are looking for anything that would disqualify you for the clearance.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I do

Top Bottom