• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This whole thing seems silly. A woman post a video of with Alexa saying something. That is proof until someone proves that wrong. Those without proof are those implying it was fake.
    What's silly is just accepting something as true based on a meme, X post etc from someone I have never heard of. Its really just that simple.

I didn't just assume it was a fake, I assumed it was either a fake or that Amazon had got wind of it and corrected it. Then i looked around on the internet to see if anybody else was talking about it getting fixed or genuine......for about a min or two. There are just too many outrageous claims made by both sides to justify spending too much time on it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not defending the Alexa post. Just calling out unknowing negativity with no proof is my point.
    I am not so sure the perceived negativity is a result of the Alexa post. It could be generated by your response to its authenticity being questioned. Or it could be just your perception of critical thinking being applied. I lean toward the latter.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, looks like it was real, but not anymore.

I am not so sure the perceived negativity is a result of the Alexa post. It could be generated by your response to its authenticity being questioned. Or it could be just your perception of critical thinking being applied. I lean toward the latter.

So you were naysayers, it was true. There was no need to jump to conclusions, if it is fake it will come out most of the time pretty quickly…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In this new age of AI that is just not true. It is too easy to fake video and audio now.

Source goes a lot to deciding the veracity of something. If Tucker Carlson(for instance) had posted the Alexa results, I would be much more likely to accept them.

This feels much more like a click bait hoax. It is definitely in the you have to prove it is true rather than prove it is false category.
    In my book this trumps your point:

Last year researchers found ChatGPT generally favoured Left-leaning political beliefs.”

“The study, led by academics at the University of East Anglia, found the AI tool “presents a significant and systematic political bias toward the Democrats in the US, Lula in Brazil, and the Labour Party in the UK”.

It is more likely systemic bias than faked until proven otherwise…

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Cant argue with stubborn, been there done that!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Interesting pic of Kamala today, avoiding reporter questions on a fake phone call. She's wearing wired earplugs, yet still holding phone to ear...

1725412220813.png

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's silly is just accepting something as true based on a meme, X post etc from someone I have never heard of. Its really just that simple.

I didn't just assume it was a fake, I assumed it was either a fake or that Amazon had got wind of it and corrected it. Then i looked around on the internet to see if anybody else was talking about it getting fixed or genuine......for about a min or two. There are just too many outrageous claims made by both sides to justify spending too much time on it.
    I see a video like that and there are two choices. Either it's real or it's not. It could be real. It's hard to be skeptical that Amazon could be that biased. Bezos was one of the "Cabal" that the Time Magazine article spoke of. However, it could be fake.

On the other hand, it's also hard to be skeptical that a right wing influencer or whatever might lie about it. On something like that I think it's not important to believe either way. I'll wait for the fact checkers, and then believe whatever is opposite of what they say. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, looks like it was real, but not anymore.

So this seems to be a good reason to believe it rather than seeing one video of a person's experience. So now that this trivial factoid is solved, we can look for other click bait stuff to argue about whether it's real or not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In my book this trumps your point:

Last year researchers found ChatGPT generally favoured Left-leaning political beliefs.”

“The study, led by academics at the University of East Anglia, found the AI tool “presents a significant and systematic political bias toward the Democrats in the US, Lula in Brazil, and the Labour Party in the UK”.

It is more likely systemic bias than faked until proven otherwise…
    Amazon's workforce primarily lives in a left coast bubble. It would not be surprised if that bias is baked into the algorithms.

In terms of "faked until proven otherwise". If I don't know it's real, I also don't know it's fake. It's unknown until proven otherwise. It was the same as with the Kraken. And by proven, I don't mean beyond a shadow of a doubt. In this case, the article KLB posted works. Based on the article, a reasonable person would believe that Alexa did as the earlier video suggested.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Amazon's workforce primarily lives in a left coast bubble. It would not be surprised if that bias is baked into the algorithms.

In terms of "faked until proven otherwise". If I don't know it's real, I also don't know it's fake. It's unknown until proven otherwise. It was the same as with the Kraken. And by proven, I don't mean beyond a shadow of a doubt. In this case, the article KLB posted works. Based on the article, a reasonable person would believe that Alexa did as the earlier video suggested.
    it is absolutely baked in.

And as soon as videos like this go viral, miraculously they suddenly notice the "accidental" Leftistm and fix it. Nothing to see here...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is interesting.

The Kamala Harris campaign, along with the Democrat National Committee (DNC) are offloading millions of campaign dollars to other down-ballot races across the country.

This is very telling. As you may recall, one of the reasons why panicked Democrats wanted to get Joe Biden out of the race is because they feared he would cause the party to lose control of the Senate and prevent them from regaining the House.

Why would they take millions away from the Harris campaign with such a short distance to the election?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    This is interesting.

The Kamala Harris campaign, along with the Democrat National Committee (DNC) are offloading millions of campaign dollars to other down-ballot races across the country.

This is very telling. As you may recall, one of the reasons why panicked Democrats wanted to get Joe Biden out of the race is because they feared he would cause the party to lose control of the Senate and prevent them from regaining the House.

Why would they take millions away from the Harris campaign with such a short distance to the election?

Because she is moving up in the polling at the right time. They have enough cash to be competitive in all the right places and parties move money around between races all of the time. If you're suggesting that they are cutting losses, I think the crack you are smoking is quite potent. Her unfavorables are better than Trump's now and she's neck and neck in all the right places. She just has to beat Trump's ceiling, which looks entirely possible right now given the complete lack of scrutiny she is receiving from the media as well as their glamourization of her. Trump was a safe choice against Biden, but not so much a replacement nominee.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Because she is moving up in the polling at the right time. They have enough cash to be competitive in all the right places and parties move money around between races all of the time. If you're suggesting that they are cutting losses, I think the crack you are smoking is quite potent. Her unfavorables are better than Trump's now and she's neck and neck in all the right places. She just has to beat Trump's ceiling, which looks entirely possible right now given the complete lack of scrutiny she is receiving from the media as well as their glamourization of her. Trump was a safe choice against Biden, but not so much a replacement nominee.
    And you are not watching. Several pollsters are commenting that most of the major polls are over sampling dems and she has little lead, if any, in those. How do you explain the unprecedented amount and timing? But you always are the glass half empty guy, so there is that…

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    And you are not watching. Several pollsters are commenting that most of the major polls are over sampling dems and she has little lead, if any, in those. How do you explain the unprecedented amount and timing? But you always are the glass half empty guy, so there is that…
    I'm watching outside the Breitbart bubble. I do think some polls are oversampling to show a story, but I do believe the race is neck and neck in PA, NV, and WI. Trump finally recognizes Kemp knows his **** in Georgia should help there. MI seems to be Lean D at this point. I'm just saying it is close, so the idea that she is cutting losses is absurd.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm watching outside the Breitbart bubble. I do think some polls are oversampling to show a story, but I do believe the race is neck and neck in PA, NV, and WI. Trump finally recognizes Kemp knows his **** in Georgia should help there. MI seems to be Lean D at this point. I'm just saying it is close, so the idea that she is cutting losses is absurd.
    You can only believe the analysis from one bubble. Nate Silver is not in my bubble. :lmfao: Nate Silver has a forecast gives Trump a 52.4 percent chance of winning the Electoral College compared to Harris’s 47.3 percent.

We shall see…

Top Bottom