Uranus
    GTb9Gn5XoAAiUXq.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is simply not true. For much of our history there were no primaries.
    I think when most say this they are thinking modern times and current party rules. I guarantee you if someone really wanted to run in her place they could make a big legal stink over this crap.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think when most say this they are thinking modern times and current party rules. I guarantee you if someone really wanted to run in her place they could make a big legal stink over this crap.
    I don't think they would get very far. Federal law wouldn't apply, and the USSC appears to have ruled in the past that States really have no say over how a party runs things. At most they could contest some minority of votes, which would do nothing to stop the nomination.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think they would get very far. Federal law wouldn't apply, and the USSC appears to have ruled in the past that States really have no say over how a party runs things. At most they could contest some minority of votes, which would do nothing to stop the nomination.

Courts have forced organizations, when an injured party presents evidence the organization has violated their agreed rules and procedures, to abide by them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    While Meghan McCain is no presumptive fan of Trump for the things he's said about her father in the past she is calling out Kramala to address the current issues with the economy and the border under the Biden administration.

Wonder if she's planning to vote for Trump/Vance.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    They could win IF they had enough money and could stand a barrage of bullets.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Courts have forced organizations, when an injured party presents evidence the organization has violated their agreed rules and procedures, to abide by them.
    What rule did they supposedly break though? Let's not be all vague here.

The powers that be chose their candidate, and the delegates voted for that person. Even more so than the electoral college delegates, these people can in the end vote for whom they please. Especially if there is more than one round of voting necessary, or in the event that their chosen candidate has withdrawn from contention.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    With all due respect, we should not even be here facing this nonsense. 15 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago.....all the rhetoric, yet here we are.

Top Bottom