• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I'm just tossing the idea around. I really like the Sig 938's too. I find myself carrying an LCP all the time because it's so convenient to conceal but would rather carry a small 9mm.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    much love for the Kahr's around here. I've never heard anyone talk bad about their Kahr.
    of course, if it were up to me...if choosing between a PM9 or Sig 938...it would be 938 all day.
    but I would also prefer 9mm to .380
    you may find an awesome INGO'er (there are plenty) near you who has one or the other...or both
    and will let you try them out.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    much love for the Kahr's around here.
    you may find an awesome INGO'er (there are plenty) near you who has one or the other...or both
    and will let you try them out.

Yup. Many guns for many tastes. I tried out the Kahrs. It didn't taste good for me.

What is the primary use?

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Just wanting another small carry gun. I carry a G23 a lot during the winter but want something smaller coming into spring (if it ever gets here). I carry an LCP a lot just because of the size and weight. Wanting something in between the two.

woodwalker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Brownstown
    I have a CM 9 the cheaper version of the PM 9. Really like the gun small enough to fit in a pocket holster or IWB. Little recoil and fun to shoot

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, the Kahrs are nice and small. I think you could conceal one pretty easy if you wanted to. Thin, lightweight. Like Tyler said, try to shoot one first to see how you like it.

Have you looked at the XDS and Shield's?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Just wanting another small carry gun. I carry a G23 a lot during the winter but want something smaller coming into spring (if it ever gets here). I carry an LCP a lot just because of the size and weight. Wanting something in between the two.

the 27 is so comfortable and easy to carry. come springtime, IWB in shorts and under a tshirt and it's easily concealable. it's an obviously great companion piece to your 23 as well. mag and holster compatability...grip, trigger familiarity etc...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have owned some 7 Kahr pistols over the past decade or so. I've got a P9 that I've had since they first came out, and I like it quite a bit. I recently picked up a PM9, and it is the only Kahr I've owned that has actually required the recommended break-in period and then some. I have about 400 rounds through it, and it is only now starting to become reliable. YMMV. I also own or have owned a K9, K9 Elite, MK9, K40 and P380.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Good gun. I looked long and hard before getting a CM9 for deep concealment and the longer I own it, the more I love it & am convinced I made the right choice. The sights are great and I think the trigger is the best thing going in this class of gun. Minimal controls, simple, and mine has been 100% reliable. I really wish they made a high-cap fullsize pistol of the same design. These guns are well thought out and well designed for their purpose. My only mistake was not getting one sooner.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    the 27 is so comfortable and easy to carry. come springtime, IWB in shorts and under a tshirt and it's easily concealable. it's an obviously great companion piece to your 23 as well. mag and holster compatability...grip, trigger familiarity etc...

I agree with this train of thought......I tend to lean to a gun your familiar with in a situation where you may need it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have owned some 7 Kahr pistols over the past decade or so. I've got a P9 that I've had since they first came out, and I like it quite a bit. I recently picked up a PM9, and it is the only Kahr I've owned that has actually required the recommended break-in period and then some. I have about 400 rounds through it, and it is only now starting to become reliable. YMMV. I also own or have owned a K9, K9 Elite, MK9, K40 and P380.

I never realized there was a recommended break-in period for kahr pistols.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Shot two Kahr pistols in their "200 round break in period" that is recommended and neither one is yet to have a failure well out beyond those first 200 rounds. I hear negatives about them from time to time, but I am a fan… Go with the cheaper versions though IMO you aren't losing out on anything but saving some money and you can just buy some more mags and whatever else you want with them money saved. The CM9 as many here have stated is a fantastic little pistol that would suit you well in place of the PM9 which is just a more expensive version.

Top Bottom