• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    For a compact single stack 9mm carry gun?

I have been thinking lately that my G19 is maybe a bit bulky and cumbersome to carry everyday while at work during the summer months. I want to get back into a good single stack 9mm pistol and have pretty much narrowed it down to one of these two. They are fairly comparable to each other in terms of size, weight and price but the Kahr is a bit smaller and even a little lighter and possibly a bit cheaper.

PLEASE don't tell me to get a G26 because it would solve none of the issues I am having with the G19. Which is mostly thickness related, and I just don't like them. In fact the only polymer gun I would possibly consider would be the Kahr P9.

So if anyone has shot both of these side by side or owns either or both at some point please let me know what you chose and why you like one better the the other.

Thanks!

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I own a Sig 239 .40 and just love it. I have shot the Kahr 9mm also and it is a good gun as well. for me the Sig just feels better in my hand so I shoot it a lot better. hold both then decide, both are good guns.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I have been thinking lately that my G19 is maybe a bit bulky and cumbersome to carry everyday while at work during the summer months.

In fact the only polymer gun I would possibly consider would be the Kahr P9.

I don't have any experience with Kahr or a single stack sig, except the P225, which was awesome, but too large for it's capacity. Maybe you need a better holster?

XDs9.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    K9 is smaller and thinner than the P239 and one of the most accurate single stack 9mm's I have owned and shot. I actually preferred it over my 3913 which says something.

I think the all metal Kahrs are some of the best guns for the money.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a 239 40/357 and had a 239 9 SAS. I have never held or shot a K9, but with that being said I would choose the K9 just because the 239 IMHO is too bulky and heavy for what you get. It is super accurate and has nice controls(i.e. decocker/hammer). The K9(on paper) just looks more appealing as it is less bulky.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't have any experience with Kahr or a single stack sig, except the P225, which was awesome, but too large for it's capacity. Maybe you need a better holster?

XDs9.

I use a Comp-Tac Infidel IWB holster for my G19. It is an excellent holster and not uncomfortable at all. Its just the fact that now with the Spring and summer attire coming back out of the closet and the sweatshirts and jackets being put away it can be a bit more difficult to CC the Glock while at work.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a 239 40/357 and had a 239 9 SAS. I have never held or shot a K9, but with that being said I would choose the K9 just because the 239 IMHO is too bulky and heavy for what you get. It is super accurate and has nice controls(i.e. decocker/hammer). The K9(on paper) just looks more appealing as it is less bulky.

I have not handled the K9 but I have handled the P9 and a P239 though I have never shot either. I do like the trigger on the Sig especially the SRT is nice. The SAS model would be the one I want if I went with the Sig. But the trigger on the P9 I felt wasn't bad. it is very much along the line of the DA pull on the Sig if not maybe a bit smoother. I do agree on paper the Kahr seems like the better way to go.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That is why all the Sigs I own(6) are German made before Ron Cohen got his greasy fingers on the company. Sure, I want a Diamond-plated Rainbow pistol.....

Was it you I traded my P228 off to?

Just wondering if it is getting the attention it deserves that it wasn't getting from me. :D

If it wasn't you then please ignore my ramblings.

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    oops sorry ya my post was vague lol
    I've handled and dry fired the Kahr and hated the way it felt in my hand.
    I've fired and handled a couple of Sig 239's and wish I had the extra $ for one.
    It seems as of late that Kahr is stretching themselves a little thin and QC has suffered.
    Even though Sig has gone in a new direction as of late...their guns are still of utmost quality.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    oops sorry ya my post was vague lol
    I've handled and dry fired the Kahr and hated the way it felt in my hand.
    I've fired and handled a couple of Sig 239's and wish I had the extra $ for one.
    It seems as of late that Kahr is stretching themselves a little thin and QC has suffered.
    Even though Sig has gone in a new direction as of late...their guns are still of utmost quality.

Thanks! I have not heard of Kahr having QC issues though. I honestly have heard nothing but stellar reviews of their steel framed guns.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Was it you I traded my P228 off to?

Just wondering if it is getting the attention it deserves that it wasn't getting from me. :D

If it wasn't you then please ignore my ramblings.

Yep, I traded you my 2075 9 for your P228R. Why don't you carry that 2075? Is it too bulky as well? That was my gripe with it along with the price of the mags.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i happen to partial to sigs, i have dry fired a kahr, it had a great trigger, but like i said, i love the fine craftsman ship associated with the sig sauer line of handguns, and i own a p239, but ive shot it enough that the trigger is nice and smooth, so its on par with tha kahr(oh i made a rhyme!)

now that summers coming up, it's time to put away the 226,220 and m11a1, and dust off that 239, tuck into my uncle mikes iwb, and restart my love affair with my 239! and shorts!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep, I traded you my 2075 9 for your P228R. Why don't you carry that 2075? Is it too bulky as well? That was my gripe with it along with the price of the mags.

Exactly the same reason I don't want a G26. I think it would be to thick to easily CC while at work. Even though I did carry it into the Hilbert circle theater pretty easily. But I think a single stack would be just a bit more comfortable. I do love that little RAMI thought awesome little pistol

Top Bottom