• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I have both and would recommend the K9 for a smaller, easier to carry pistol. Very ergonomic and accurate. Not knocking the Sig, but the Kahr just carries easier. I normally carry the Kahr for close to home and switch to the 239 (357Sig) when leaving town. The 239 in 40/357Sig is a little heavier than the Sig 9 version. But I still feel the Kahr is the smaller, easier to carry piece. The recoil on the K9 is very tame.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Been doing some more reading tonight and come to find that Kahr doesn't seem to get the highest marks for customer service when there is an issue with one of their products.

I may take another look at the XDs line.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    For what it is worth, I owned a CW9 and it was one of the best pistols I have ever owned. It felt great in the hand, had a butter smooth trigger, and was one of the most reliable pistols I've shot. I wouldn't mind owning another one in a .45. Every K9 that I've handled was very similar, just heavier.

I had to return my CM9 and the return was hassle free. I had my firearm in no time and Kahr reworked the slide, on top of their repair. I would not hesitate to purchase a Kahr again.

I think Sig's are great guns (I carry a P938), but I'm not a big fan of a double-action, single-action setup. No matter how much you practice, a DA/SA transition will never be 100% transparent. Sig's website list a 5.5lb difference in trigger pull between the two. Also looks like a ~ 6 oz. difference in weight of the pistols (Kahr is lighter).

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had to return my CM9 and the return was hassle free. I had my firearm in no time and Kahr reworked the slide, on top of their repair. I would not hesitate to purchase a Kahr again.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with Kahr's customer service.

I have read several stories of people sending in their pistols and not getting it back for months with very little and disinterested sounding customer service when they can get into contact with Kahr while going weeks at a time without a response or even getting someone to answer the phone.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Glad to hear you had a positive experience with Kahr's customer service.

I have read several stories of people sending in their pistols and not getting it back for months with very little and disinterested sounding customer service when they can get into contact with Kahr while going weeks at a time without a response or even getting someone to answer the phone.

That's about the exact opposite experience that I had lol. I sent them an email at 9pm, had an email response by noon the next day, and had a RMA # by 5pm. They emailed me when they finished working on the pistol and the gun was back in my hands within 3 weeks.

Their CS # is the same as their Sales # (508-795-3919). Give em a ring and see if someone answers ;)

Either way, best of luck with your decision. Let us know (and show us) what you pick up!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have an MK9 (all steel version of the on you are looking at) It is hands down the most accurate 9 that I own. I can actually hold tighter groups with it than my Hi-Power. It is a bit heavier than some other 9s on the market, but not a burden to carry at all.

The other thought, if you are used to a Glock, the trigger on the Kahr will be less of a transition for you, since it is a striker pistol as well. The Sig is a nice gun, but given what you already carry, I would think the Kahr would be more intuitive for you to pick up and run with, rather than re-learning the manual of arms for a different weapon.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I have the .40 caliber of each, the Glock 23 and Kahr K40.

As for shootability, I shoot my Kahr at least as well, if not better than the Glock. For carry, I would go with the Kahr, although it is as heavy or heavier than the Glock, but thinner and over all smaller. The Kahr also feels great in the hand. You loose some firepower with the Kahr, but I'm not looking for trouble, just trying to get out of it. Put a couple of shots where they should go and you will be fine.

If you want something light weight and thin, check out the P or CW line in Kahr. I've also got a CW45 and CW9. Talk about a breeze to carry!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's about the exact opposite experience that I had lol. I sent them an email at 9pm, had an email response by noon the next day, and had a RMA # by 5pm. They emailed me when they finished working on the pistol and the gun was back in my hands within 3 weeks.

Their CS # is the same as their Sales # (508-795-3919). Give em a ring and see if someone answers ;)

Either way, best of luck with your decision. Let us know (and show us) what you pick up!

Glad to hear it! I'm sure it's like most things the ones that are satisfied stay silent while the few who had a bad experience shout it from the roof tops

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    If you can conceal both with relative ease, I vote for the SIG. Quality in manufacturing is one reason (slide rails are one example), but especially when it comes to the magazines...huge difference...and one that doesn't get enough attention when people choose platforms. Beyond the first shot, you are in single action with the SIG too. That coupled with the balance of the weight makes the follow up shots a little quicker for me. I think I would chose the thinner grip options for the 239 though to help with concealment.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you can conceal both with relative ease, I vote for the SIG. Quality in manufacturing is one reason (slide rails are one example), but especially when it comes to the magazines...huge difference...and one that doesn't get enough attention when people choose platforms. Beyond the first shot, you are in single action with the SIG too. That coupled with the balance of the weight makes the follow up shots a little quicker for me. I think I would chose the thinner grip options for the 239 though to help with concealment.

I could conceal most things this side of a Desert Eagle with the right belt/holster combo. But doing it comfortably while at work is the issue. I am a powersports tech and I seem to always be laying on the ground or bent over a machine while at work. While I can conceal the G19 I am carrying it is not always completely covered. I want something thin and small enough to be comfortable to wear tucked IWB while still being big enough to get a full grip on because I hate hanging my pinky off the grip. Since it will be tucked most of the time I want as few levers and hammers hanging off of it as possible which is why I am leaning the way of a striker gun.

The one issue I have with the Sig is the grip. On every P239 I have handled the grip always feels sharp and edgey. I would want a Hogue, or similar, wrap around grip for it which would intern effect concealability.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Le'me fix 'at for ya.........

:):

I already am carrying a Glock 19. It is my "take to work and beat up because it is ugly and I don't care to scratch it up but always works" gun.

What I want is a G19 but slimmer and smaller and not a .380. (mumbles..... Stupid Glock and the model 42, crummy little .380, expect me to stock another caliber... just to get a beat around pistol... I want 9mm because I already have it..)

Top Bottom