• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elevensecondv6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Indy south side
    In my experience, yes. The manual recommends a 200-round break-in, and I do follow this advice. That said, my PM9 was 100% reliable, even in the break-in period. My MK40 has also been 100%. My CM9 had 2 failures to feed in the first magazine, and has been fine thereafter.

I think Kahrs are among the most reliable pocket autos. Like all small guns, they should be properly broken in and kept clean to ensure reliability.

Thanks for the reply.I am going to try and find a nice used one if possible.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Just put rounds 101-200 through my CM9, with zero malfunctions. I used FMJs and two different kinds of JHPs; all worked perfectly.

The slide and trigger are noticeably smoother now, and I feel comfortable that the weapon is "broken in" and ready for carry. The gun seems to like a thin bead of TW25B grease on the rails. I recently discovered this grease (it's the "official" grease for SIG Sauer) and it works great on pistol rails.

After reading online about cleaning procedures for the Kahr pistols, I have started spraying synthetic-safe Gun Scrubber in the cleanout hole that is on the underside of the slide, just behind the firing pin hole. If you use your thumbnail to slightly retract the firing pin, cleaner will flow easily out of each end of the firing pin channel. I then use compressed air (water-free air, sold as a means of dusting computers) directed in the cleanout hole to be sure everything is blown out. I don't know if this is all necessary, but I like my guns to be squeaky clean, especially small carry pistols. YMMV.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I don't have a CM9 but do have a PM9. I find it too heavy for real pocket carry especially relative to my P3AT. So, since it is capacity challenged compared to Baby GLOCKS - I find the P3AT in the pocket far more often and the G26 carried where the Kahr would fit about equally - to me anyway.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom