• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'd say you are correct on the point. The Turtle would follow the set precedent. Also keep in mind, Justice Breyer (losing side of Heller, nuff said) is 81. Replacing Buzzi-Ginsburg and Breyer is 7-2 (6-3? Roberts concerns me...) not the 5-4 we have had for a while. Also gets more 2A cases heard.

Actually you selling the turtle a little short. He took the dems precedent and upped them by using it for SCOTUS appointments. He has said pre C-19 that he would do a nominee this year. But the window to get it done is very small. When the President and senate majority are the same it is different than when opposed. The majority leader has a great deal of latitude...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Actually you selling the turtle a little short. He took the dems precedent and upped them by using it for SCOTUS appointments. He has said pre C-19 that he would do a nominee this year. But the window to get it done is very small. When the President and senate majority are the same it is different than when opposed. The majority leader has a great deal of latitude...

In reversal from 2016, McConnell says he would fill a potential Supreme Court vacancy in 2020

Cocaine Mitch would absolutely hold hearings on a nominee before the election if RGB's spot came open.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    As previously said, the MSM would have a field day with it. As evidenced by the referenced article from CNN May 19, 2019. They would be all over it.

It won't be Corona-horror level, but it would would be the next media train-wreck.

Would Mr. McConnell cave to media pressures again?

Who better to explain the "Biden Rule" then the man himself?

How many hearings for alleged inappropriate behavior will be necessary for the next nominee?

We will see, unless the Covid gets us first...:rolleyes:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It was said all along that the Senate controlled by the opposing party from the President would not vote on a USSC appointee from that President. This was never said about an appointee from a President of the same party.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    As previously said, the MSM would have a field day with it. As evidenced by the referenced article from CNN May 19, 2019. They would be all over it.

It won't be Corona-horror level, but it would would be the next media train-wreck.

Would Mr. McConnell cave to media pressures again?

Who better to explain the "Biden Rule" then the man himself?

How many hearings for alleged inappropriate behavior will be necessary for the next nominee?

We will see, unless the Covid gets us first...:rolleyes:

If nothing else, it would knock back the C-19 coverage.
    I could go for both.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I believe the next nominee will be a woman, not as easy to pull that crap, but the MSM will pull some rat out of the hat...

Amy Coney Barrett nominated as RBG's replacement would drive the left completely over the edge. If you thought the Kavanaugh reaction was bad...

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I believe the next nominee will be a woman, not as easy to pull that crap, but the MSM will pull some rat out of the hat...

So our society IS gender biased after all!?!

We have all heard the term misogyny beat into our brains by the media. How come we never hear the term for hating men just for being men?

I'll offer Rep points for anybody that knows the term without Googling it.

Pretty weak sauce, I know, but it is all I have to offer.

And the next woman nominated better be a woman of color, 'cause Joe has suggested he would do that.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Amy Coney Barrett nominated as RBG's replacement would drive the left completely over the edge. If you thought the Kavanaugh reaction was bad...
    I'd love it.
    The left would show their true colors. Attacking another awesome judge and a woman too.
    But the rules never apply to the left. Conservatives are fair game for below the belt attacks.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'd love it.
    The left would show their true colors. Attacking another awesome judge and a woman too.
    But the rules never apply to the left. Conservatives are fair game for below the belt attacks.
    It will make the Kavanaugh hearings look like a church social.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So our society IS gender biased after all!?!

No, our news media is biased against Republicans, Conservatives, Libertarians, and all other non-progressives.
    Such a person will be attacked. Condoleeza Rice was portrayed as a barefoot house slave in a cartoon which I believe was published by the N Y Times.

Screen-Shot-2012-11-24-at-5.34.52-PM1.png

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    No, our news media is biased against Republicans, Conservatives, Libertarians, and all other non-progressives.
    Such a person will be attacked. Condoleeza Rice was portrayed as a barefoot house slave in a cartoon which I believe was published by the N Y Times.

I assume you mean misandry?

Winner! Misandry...a term never to be uttered in our society.

Okay, so I assume that society at-large is subject to the messaging of MSM and social media. It is probably a sign of weakness in my character.

Propaganda doesn't work, right?

I have given up trying to separate the wheat from the chaff or remove the tares from the field. That job belongs to someone else.

Doug, I would like to modify one thing you wrote, our news media is biased against anyone that isn't a progressive.

There is only ONE acceptable train of thought.

Unfortunately, it keeps changing and it is not mine.

Okimar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    Tampa
    I'm sure she regrets not stepping down when Obama asked her! HAHAHAHA

I hope Trump replaces her with some in their 30s.

Top Bottom