• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You just can't help yourself. Here, let me offer you some advice...these aren't good for deer hunting. You should consider trading them in on something more suited to the task.

46SsJtgh.png

I'm sick of the sorry ass "hunters" who couldn't bag a mature buck with their **** heap of a truck pissing and moaning in everyone's ear because their ability to hunt worth a **** doesn't exist so they have to find someone to bitch about.

Learn to hunt.
    The vast majority of those who deer hunt aren`t eaten up with inches of antler. The vast majority of deer hunters love if/when they wind up killing a buck with a lot of inches of antler, but they`re more about the hunting experience, the camaraderie, and the venison. It is beyond rude and arrogant when the trophy guys wish to impose their will upon the majority of deer hunters. I not long ago took part in an IDNR survey where they asked what I thought about the possibility of Indiana mandating point or antler width restrictions. This comes directly from the trophy guys having the ear of the Indiana Natural Resources Commission. Although I`m not necessarily a fan of Ted Nugent, he said it best when he said it is the epitome of arrogance for anyone to try to tell another deer hunter what they can or cannot shoot, and on this, I agree with him. Your emotional outbursts and personal attacks are the norm for those who want to dictate to the majority what their goals in deer hunting ought to be. Deer hunting is supposed to fun, and about the experience, and if blessed enough to be successful, the venison. It is not supposed to be about trophy guys dictating what the rest of us can shoot. Period.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    The vast majority of those who deer hunt aren`t eaten up with inches of antler. The vast majority of deer hunters love if/when they wind up killing a buck with a lot of inches of antler, but they`re more about the hunting experience, the camaraderie, and the venison. It is beyond rude and arrogant when the trophy guys wish to impose their will upon the majority of deer hunters. I not long ago took part in an IDNR survey where they asked what I thought about the possibility of Indiana mandating point or antler width restrictions. This comes directly from the trophy guys having the ear of the Indiana Natural Resources Commission. Although I`m not necessarily a fan of Ted Nugent, he said it best when he said it is the epitome of arrogance for anyone to try to tell another deer hunter what they can or cannot shoot, and on this, I agree with him. Your emotional outbursts and personal attacks are the norm for those who want to dictate to the majority what their goals in deer hunting ought to be. Deer hunting is supposed to fun, and about the experience, and if blessed enough to be successful, the venison. It is not supposed to be about trophy guys dictating what the rest of us can shoot. Period.
    Look in the mirror the picture will be clearer…..

BTW…. You can still shoot your inferior deer and Trophy guy’s can shoot their ONE Buck also!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You don't have a clue what the vast majority of people who hunt deer are "eaten up" with. Just like you don't have a ****ing clue what anyone else is after. It's beyond rude and arrogant when loud mouths make assumptions about how I hunt or why I hunt. You don't know what you think you know.

I didn't vote for, argue for, contact politicians, complete surveys, ask for, demand for or bitch about Indiana's old "if it's brown it's down, any dead buck is better than a dead doe, killing two bucks a year makes you more of a man" regulations. I didn't ask for the one buck rule.

My "emotional attacks and outbursts" come from, and are directed only at, your ignorance and bad mouthing of people who don't choose to hunt the way you want. You could come in here, state your problems with the OBR, maybe even make some valid arguments against it or perhaps some in favor of going back but you just can't help but come in here trash talking anyone who doesn't prefer to kill 9 month old bucks.

There's only one of us who comes in these threads with a broad brush painting and accusing everyone they disagree with for being responsible for ruining their hunting preferences.

I have an idea. If you don't like my "emotional outbursts and personal attacks" why don't you curb yours and see how that works out? You continue to come in here acting like a clown and I'm going to continue to call you out for it.

Grow up. Learn to hunt. Mind your business. Stop accusing people of **** they aren't responsible for to make up for your own inadequacies. You can bitch about the OBR all day long and you won't hear anything from me but possibly reasonable disagreements. Keep coming in here slamming me and some of the other members for things we had nothing to do with and we'll continue this dance, doesn't bother me either way. You and I actually seem to agree on most other topics so I don't dislike you but I'm not one who sits quietly when garbage is flung my way.

Here, let me blow your mind..... If Indiana brought back the two buck rule I wouldn't complain. Now what? I hope I haven't sent you into a nasty case of vertigo.

Last edited:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    You don't have a clue what the vast majority of people who hunt deer are "eaten up" with. Just like you don't have a ****ing clue what anyone else is after. It's beyond rude and arrogant when loud mouths make assumptions about how I hunt or why I hunt. You don't know what you think you know.

I didn't vote for, argue for, contact politicians, complete surveys, ask for, demand for or bitch about Indiana's old "if it's brown it's down, any dead buck is better than a dead doe, killing two bucks a year makes you more of a man" regulations. I didn't ask for the one buck rule.

My "emotional attacks and outbursts" come from, and are directed only at, your ignorance and bad mouthing of people who don't choose to hunt the way you want. You could come in here, state your problems with the OBR, maybe even make some valid arguments against it or perhaps some in favor of going back but you just can't help but come in here trash talking anyone who doesn't prefer to kill 9 month old bucks.

There's only one of us who comes in these threads with a broad brush painting and accusing everyone they disagree with for being responsible for ruining their hunting preferences.

I have an idea. If you don't like my "emotional outbursts and personal attacks" why don't you curb yours and see how that works out? You continue to come in here acting like a clown and I'm going to continue to call you out for it.

Grow up. Learn to hunt. Mind your business. Stop accusing people of **** they aren't responsible for to make up for your own inadequacies. You can bitch about the OBR all day long and you won't hear anything from me but possibly reasonable disagreements. Keep coming in here slamming me and some of the other members for things we had nothing to do with and we'll continue this dance, doesn't bother me either way. You and I actually seem to agree on most other topics so I don't dislike you but I'm not one who sits quietly when garbage is flung my way.

Here, let me blow your mind..... If Indiana brought back the two buck rule I wouldn't complain. Now what? I hope I haven't sent you into a nasty case of vertigo.
    Yeah, his self-made facts are in left field!

I will bet he knows every antler measurement of any buck he has killed but he claims others are Trophy Hunter's...SMH

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

I never made accusations about anyone in particular, not anyone in here, or elsewhere. I was making generalizations. These generalizations are based on truths, truths I`ve heard for myself, read for myself, and based on other observations. I`ve long been vocal about my disdain for the obr, as well as the trophy hunting sickness. I`ve witnessed for myself a hunter being dressed down by a "serious" hunter who ridiculed him for killing what the serious hunter felt was an "inferior" buck. The guys face, which had only a moment ago been lit up with happiness was now long and sad. And nope, I haven`t blasted anyone who I felt was "ruining my hunting preferences". The ONLY thing I`ve said was, the trophy guys try to tell everyone else what they ought to be allowed to kill, and that`s fact.

I have no issue with you generally, this last post of yours notwithstanding. You can decide whether you want to engage me in threads or, keep your distance, makes no matter to me. But I`ll express myself too, just as you clearly are set on. I`d just appreciate it if you`d not accuse me of saying things that I`ve not said.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I never made accusations about anyone in particular, not anyone in here, or elsewhere. I was making generalizations. These generalizations are based on truths, truths I`ve heard for myself, read for myself, and based on other observations.
    Generalizations.....hmmm, good thing those are always 100% accurate, extremely pertinent and immensely helpful in a discussion. Stick to your guns, I'm sure some day your generalizations will come in handy.

Trevelayan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    I`ll vote for keeping it exactly as it is. Look, Indiana has a LOT of Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett bucks taken every season. And that ought to satisfy the trophy guys. I personally want Indiana`s deer season to be about opportunity. The opportunity for any hunter to kill any buck or doe that makes them happy. They paid for their deer tag just like the trophy guys, and they ought to be able to have as much opportunity as possible to kill a deer that they want.
    This right here. Some of us rely on deer for cheap meat, especially with how stupid beef prices are right now

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    This right here. Some of us rely on deer for cheap meat, especially with how stupid beef prices are right now
    I have to believe, and this is only anecdotal, that most deer hunters feel exactly as you do. You and I, and ...countless others. And there`s the camaraderie of hunting with family and friends, and that connection to the deer woods. Trimming shooting lanes, walking in and out in the dark. The scrapes that start to appear with that familiar musky aroma. The grunting of bucks as they scour the woods, head down, sniffing for that estrous doe scent. And then, yes, of course, that wonderful venison. Deer aren`t supposed to be bred by state DNR`s for stud service. They`re supposed to be a renewable resource that feeds hunters stomachs, hearts and souls.

Last edited:

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I have to believe, and this is only anecdotal, that most deer hunters feel exactly as you do. You and I, and ...countless others. And there`s the camaraderie of hunting with family and friends, and that connection to the deer woods. Trimming shooting lanes, walking in and out in the dark. The scrapes that start to appear with that familiar musky aroma. The grunting of bucks as they scour the woods, head down, sniffing for that estrous doe scent. And then, yes, of course, that wonderful venison. Deer aren`t supposed to be bred by state DNR`s for stud service. They`re supposed to be a renewable resource that feeds hunters stomachs, hearts and souls.
    Tell us again why you can’t put venison on the table?

Hunter12166

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Muncie

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I wo

I won`t answer such an idiotic post.
    I’ll take that as your skills are lacking and your mad at everyone else because you can’t shoot you some deers. But there’s hope for you. IDNR has been making provisions for you with extended seasons in hopes you can get you a deer. Maybe soon they will let you put some piles of corn out so your hunting skills can improve.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Can't answer those questions though, can ya?

I've never tried to dictate to anyone what they can shoot. Like I said, everyone needs a boogeyman.
    To be completely fair, it was a really silly question to begin with. A much better question would have been: What has the OBR done to improve the deer population that warrants the opportunity cost?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Just to clarify, it wasn`t the DNR that shoved the obr onto Hoosier hunters. It was the Indiana Natural Resources Commission. They`re NOT wildlife biologists, they`re civilians. This was political, because there`s no biological rationale for this idiotic move. And don`t be too surprised when even more crap gets shoved down our throats to further appease the trophy guys.
    Oh, I'm very familiar and it wasn't the entire NRC, it was one small segment of it. In fact it pretty much came down to one guy in particular, a guy that couldn't kill the type of buck he wanted even though he hunted a couple square miles of intensely managed private land.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    To be completely fair, it was a really silly question to begin with. A much better question would have been: What has the OBR done to improve the deer population that warrants the opportunity cost?
    If you don’t understand that then there is no need for a conversation!.

Enjoy your Day….

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I’ve never understood why the non-trophy guys think they ought to decide for everyone else what the seasons bag limit is….

See how dumb that sounds

The state has issued its limits. I have never been opposed to you shooting whatever you wish to shoot. The only thing I care about is there are deer to hunt when our children’s children are out there hunting.
    It sounds dumb because meat hunters, for the most part, have never been about pushing rules limiting others or what they could kill. The premise itself is antithetical to what they are about. The same cannot be said for those of us on the trophy hunting side. Instead it's been one failed attempt after another to dictate what other hunters could shoot, when they could shoot it, and how many they could shoot. Unfortunately one of those attempts finally stuck and even more unfortunately it was one of the most ineffective ones at that. Fortunately, it was also one of the least damaging schemes though.

Top Bottom