Just had back surgery, best iwb holster?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newowner574

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Mishawaka indiana
    So I just had back surgery. Before surgery I wore a hybrid iwb holster with the leather backing for my glock 19. Part of the surgery was tha I had to get an implant in my lower back area. I asked to get the implant on my left side but it wasent an option . I have a long ways away before I'm going to be able to see if I'm current holster will work. I'm very sore and am in a lot of pain. I'm just trying to think ahead while I sit and recover. Any ideas on what other style iwb holsters could work? Thanks guys. I attached a picture of where my implant is implanted except its on my right side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      5 KB · Views: 12

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    To be honest when I had my back surgery 2 years ago I pocket carried my Smith & Wesson model 36. My surgery was 2 titanium rods and 6 screws. Lower back. But once it felt better I went back to normal carry with what I used before. A bianci carry lok

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    It's cold now. I had bleeping back surgery also ( sucks ). It's still cold out and will be cold out. Shoulder Holster

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would love to appendix carry but I have a little bit of a gut and I spend 95% of my day sitting.
    Ok well that makes a difference. Maybe a shoulder holster. When I was down or when I go down due to my back, I keep my pistol in a pocket or around my neck in a kyadex holster suspended by paracord. Waist holsters kill my back when its hurting.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    To be honest when I had my back surgery 2 years ago I pocket carried my Smith & Wesson model 36. My surgery was 2 titanium rods and 6 screws. Lower back. But once it felt better I went back to normal carry with what I used before. A bianci carry lok

Yup. I started pocket carrying, with a pocket holster I picked up at Walmart, when my shoulder started giving me fits. I wondered why I hadn't tried it before.

Top Bottom