• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    The girls where still sleeping and i had a gun to clean from a range trip yesterday so i was setting on the floor watching espn and cleaning my pistol when the GF came around the corner and Said I wondered What that smell Was ! i told her that it almost smelled as good as freshed baked cookies Maybe better !! it was the aroma of Carburator cleaner and CLP
    She wasnt happy !

Last edited:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Haha, I hope I don't have this problem in the next few months. My current romantic interest is very pro-gun after her apartment door was kicked in while she was at work, and she's completely comfortable with me having firearms and even asked me to take her shopping for a home defense weapon... now the real test will be when I reek of breakfree!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I think if my wife had her way she would have me cleaning my guns in the snow out in the backyard. No matter how many times I clean my guns she has to state her dislike for the smell everytime! :dunno:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I think if my wife had her way she would have me cleaning my guns in the snow out in the backyard. No matter how many times I clean my guns she has to state her dislike for the smell everytime! :dunno:

In the winter I hold up in the bathroom, pop the window open, exhaust fan on... and then just warn everyone to stay away mumbling something about bad food... then they never know I was cleaning guns!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My wife only complains when I have the entire dining room table covered with guns, she likes the smell of hoppes. Over the last few months though, since I drug all of her brothers junk outta my garage and to the curb, I've been cleaning my guns out there, it's much more peaceful.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My wife would probably complain more about the smell (I know she doesn't like it), but then again, I usually clean her gun for her........so what can she say? Why bite the hand that feeds you? :dunno:

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    My wife doesn't mind when I clean my firearms in the apartment. She actually likes the smell of the Hoppes solvent, and is also interested in learning how to do it.

However, I need to clean them while inside otherwise my neighbors might call the police on me. My neighbors are all college students and I get enough weird looks already when carrying rifles to and from the car.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Gun cleaner is the best smell in the world. I always get the warm fuzzies when I smell it. Good times of years past when I was a kid coming back from hunting and had to clean the guns (even my dad's).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I clean mine on the dining room table. Just put down a mat first! She hasn't ever mentioned the smell of the solvent. I did get "the look" when I plopped our 8-month-old in the highchair so I could keep an eye on her while I worked.

Of course, I hope to get a "firearms" bench built in the garage this winter, so I can keep all the cleaning, and eventually reloading, stuff together.

Top Bottom