• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    My aunt and uncle live there. Total destruction. Their house is still standing but the houses across the street are gone. Here are some pics of their house I took with my camera phone.

Side.jpg

Left.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    As bad as that looks, and from what I've seen on the news, they are some of the "lucky" ones. At least the structure is still standing. Hope it can be repaired.

I see on the news that neighboring Marysville has been completely decimated. Fox news is reporting that Marysville is compltely GONE! The entire town of 1900 people is just gone!

I know we have membrers on here from the Henryville area. Hope everyone is o.k.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    We feel so bad for the people there. I recently was let go at my job but my wife and I are going to take some money down to our local Salvation Army for the residents there.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I just called the Red Cross in Clark County Indiana. Asked the really nice lady what needs to be done for assistance.
    This is what she gave me.
    And I figure that if it gets put here, those of you who want to help but live in another part of the state might be able to do something.

Clothing donations are being accepted at the Salvation Army starting tomorrow (3/4). To contact them the number is (502) 553-1726. Call first!

Financial donations are being accepted online, Clark County Red Cross, and at the building in check or cash form. If you want to do a credit card donation then you need to go online and a she stated a representative will contact you at a later time.

For the men who have the tools to help with clean-up, they are to contact the Clark County Emergency Assitance at 812-283-4471. Keep in mind that this is for the men only right now. It's a mess and it's important.

TO DO ANYTHING volunteer wise, you have to fill out an application and wait for a background check in the office. To expedite that process, Volunteer Information, and click the links about halfway down the page and take them with you.

Keep in mind, this could have been any of us.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just called the Red Cross in Clark County Indiana. Asked the really nice lady what needs to be done for assistance.
    This is what she gave me.
    And I figure that if it gets put here, those of you who want to help but live in another part of the state might be able to do something.

Clothing donations are being accepted at the Salvation Army starting tomorrow (3/4). To contact them the number is (502) 553-1726. Call first!

Financial donations are being accepted online, Clark County Red Cross, and at the building in check or cash form. If you want to do a credit card donation then you need to go online and a she stated a representative will contact you at a later time.

For the men who have the tools to help with clean-up, they are to contact the Clark County Emergency Assitance at 812-283-4471. Keep in mind that this is for the men only right now. It's a mess and it's important.

TO DO ANYTHING volunteer wise, you have to fill out an application and wait for a background check in the office. To expedite that process, Volunteer Information, and click the links about halfway down the page and take them with you.

Keep in mind, this could have been any of us.

Do you suppose a LTCH would suffice for a background check?

I thought not

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I'm honestly not sure if an LTCH would count, but from what she said on the phone the background check is really quick. More like, this person isn't a sex offender and a criminal... I'm not sure of all the details because she did say they were busy this morning.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Do you suppose a LTCH would suffice for a background check?

I thought not

I don't know for sure in many instances, but I applied for a job yesterday that requires a background check and they said a LTCH was good enough for them.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    My nephew's mom lives in Henryville.....their house got slammed,but all are ok.....thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by the storms...thank you to catielynnb for the Red Cross and Salvation Army info

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    In addition to the Red Cross areas to help, I've also heard that if you are going to stop at the main Catholic Church in Henryville. They're sending people out who have the tools to help with cleanup. This is going to be a long few weeks...

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Our dept did search and rescue from about 4-1130 yesterday, then we got relieved. Its insane down there. We are just 7 miles north of there. There is a lot going on. I am pretty sure we are having to go out tonight as well.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I just got back from spending the day up there clearing debris and burning alot of wood. Its a mess. Stuff everywhere. The contents and debris from the houses across the street are now in my uncles back yard. We found clothes, checkbooks, pictures, you name it. It's just unreal. I will try to post some more pictures later.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Its crazy and horrible down there indeed. Its gonna be a process to get though. I know the local and extended departments are doing what they can as well as civilians.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Here is my cousins car that was in facing the storm as it rolled in.

DSC00178.jpg

This is whats left on a house across the street and about a hundred feet down. The woman survived with her dogs in a bath tub.

DSC00383.jpg

My uncles back yard

DSC00414.jpg

The path of destruction

DSC00381-1.jpg

Top Bottom